Around the NHL 2017-2018 Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Yeah not a new quote by any means. These exact kind of comments were why a lot of people thought he was leaving.

Of course if Babs cannot get a better d-core in Toronto he isn't going to see out his contract there in my opinion. In that instance it won't be Babs walking away though more than likely.

Yeah.
IMO, Babcock might not even need a better D core to win.
It would help though.

I think he's got this year, next year, and maybe the next to win.

By the end of next season, he's going to have a lot of haters on the TML roster and his message will be old.

The rebuild and hiring Babcock never made a lot of sense to me. The timing was off. You hire Babcock when your team is ready. That gives you a 3-4 year window before you experience the law of diminishing returns.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah.
IMO, Babcock might not even need a better D core to win.
It would help though.

I think he's got this year, next year, and maybe the next to win.

By the end of next season, he's going to have a lot of haters on the TML roster and his message will be old.

The rebuild and hiring Babcock never made a lot of sense to me. The timing was off. You hire Babcock when your team is ready. That gives you a 3-4 year window before you experience the law of diminishing returns.

I agree with almost everything here. I do think he needs more on the back-end to win. I don't see how they are going to beat Boston or Tampa this year, certainly not both. So he is looking at a first or second round exit. Eventually Florida and Buffalo really should have more to say about our division. They have #1 D and #1 C in place in fact I like both of those teams #1 D a lot more than Rielly.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Let's be real. The goaltending is the only reason they are a playoff team.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
His teams play exciting hockey, I think he could help some of our young guys.

Barry Trotz's contract is also up. If the Caps do nothing in the playoffs (again), you'd have to think Trotz would be available and highly sought after. I wouldnt mind him either. The problem is going to be luring these top coaching candidates here. If we win Dahlin it suddenly becomes a much more attractive job.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Barry Trotz's contract is also up. If the Caps do nothing in the playoffs (again), you'd have to think Trotz would be available and highly sought after. I wouldnt mind him either. The problem is going to be luring these top coaching candidates here. If we win Dahlin it suddenly becomes a much more attractive job.

The Red Wings will always be an attractive job.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

This isn’t the nfl or nba. Luring people isn’t a problem. Besides who wants Trotz if he fails again?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
to the surprise of nobody, the pistons are still a joke

Still woulda be kind of surprised if they missed the playoffs. And if they do we all know the real reason is svg. They have a star (although fringey and injury prone) and one of the best #3s in the league (Drummond). No team in the east will miss the playoffs with a star besides New York (who are also dysfunctional). Charlotte is another one but they only have one player really. Detroit has 2 good players and some decent bench players

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Still woulda be kind of surprised if they missed the playoffs. And if they do we all know the real reason is svg. They have a star (although fringey and injury prone) and one of the best #3s in the league (Drummond). No team in the east will miss the playoffs with a star besides New York (who are also dysfunctional). Charlotte is another one but they only have one player really. Detroit has 2 good players and some decent bench players

woops, i meant to post that in the Detroit sports thread

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
im just worried about the hawks jumping us in the draft... god forbid they get dahlin lol

If that happens I know the Nhl draft lottery is rigged. Can’t deny it. Bettman called the hawks a dynasty he would have to keep them competitive

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wish we would have tried to trade for Dumba, he’s killing it this year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Eh. I’d like to see Islanders or CBJ win before them. Then edmonton. Mcdavid - Dahlin

I don't see people pitching little fits over those two teams winning, though. Edmonton wins and suddenly we'll need to "fix" the draft again, ban them from the top5 after x drafts there, etc. It would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad