Around the NHL - 2016/17 Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
Why would he be sick of playing in Detroit? I think it had more to do with his family. Still leaves the Wings in a bad situation, and one of the reasons I don't like Russians on my team. The Wings gave him everything and I see no reason why he couldn't play one more season.
I seem to remember reading that Datsyuk's desire to eventually return to Russia was completely clear through his last contract negotiation and that he wanted a 2 year deal because of it. Holland convinced him to add a 3rd year while knowing that this could happen.

I would take a measly 7th round pick from Detroit for Datsyuk's caphit once our roster is set for next year, but I feel like having a team in cap trouble no matter what conference through free agency & peak trading, is more valuable than the 2nd round pick or players that have been rumoured.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I seem to remember reading that Datsyuk's desire to eventually return to Russia was completely clear through his last contract negotiation and that he wanted a 2 year deal because of it. Holland convinced him to add a 3rd year while knowing that this could happen.

I would take a measly 7th round pick from Detroit for Datsyuk's caphit once our roster is set for next year, but I feel like having a team in cap trouble no matter what conference through free agency & peak trading, is more valuable than the 2nd round pick or players that have been rumoured.

If Holland convinced him to add a 3rd. year, then Detroit deserves this mess.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bettman with a Matthews/Coyotes shoutout at the presser.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dreger speculated about 8 names as possible GMs for Vegas. Mentioned Maloney, though the early favorite still seems to be Scott Mellanby.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
When do you think they will announce a name?

Foley wants "Black Knights" but he said that he was going to talk to the league offices and get some direction first. I'd guesstimate before the beginning of training camp in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad