Around the NHL 2015-16, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
toronto would be smarter not signing stamkos but sucking for one more year and grabbing another top 3 pick in 2017(nolan patrick)

they still need to hit on another dman but damn the leafs would be fantastic for 10 years or more if they do

You run the risk of following Edmonton's "lead" if all you do is stock up on high draft picks. Stamkos is one of the best goal scorers in a league where it's damn hard to score goals. He has solid playoff experience having been to two conference finals and one Cup finals. If you have a shot at signing an elite guy like that you absolutely must sign him. You have a wealth of elite talent on cheap contracts. You sign one of the top scorers in the league and you are in business.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You run the risk of following Edmonton's "lead" if all you do is stock up on high draft picks. Stamkos is one of the best goal scorers in a league where it's damn hard to score goals. He has solid playoff experience having been to two conference finals and one Cup finals. If you have a shot at signing an elite guy like that you absolutely must sign him. You have a wealth of elite talent on cheap contracts. You sign one of the top scorers in the league and you are in business.

i agree with you so much here, but not all bad teams=edmonton

in fact i would say the leafs are 1000 times ahead of edmonton simply in the fact they didnt wait a decade to put the right people in charge

edmontons debacle had everything to do with who was driving the boat

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
the wildcard with any toronto team is going to be how the younger guys handle the pressure of expecting to win in canada's biggest hockey market. they have had a free ride so far in that regard but that's about to end

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Can't believe many (including myself) wanted Babs gone last year. Best coach by a country mile in the NHL. The possession metrics for the Leafs improved dramatically upon his arrival and almost EVERY PLAYER REGRESSED on the Red Wings upon his departure. Not a coincidence.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I loathe Hitchcock's style of quick changes/dump ins when ahead. I would never voluntarily give up possession of the puck in any situation.

The Blues players aren't chokers, they just have a terrible gameplan from the coaching staff.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Pierre McGuire likes the Blues conservative style when ahead. He thinks that approach is the reason they beat Chicago. Tells you all you need to know about this clown.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hey bench. Benn scored 2 points. Maybe he should stop so they can win games like last game :naughty:

Can't believe many (including myself) wanted Babs gone last year. Best coach by a country mile in the NHL. The possession metrics for the Leafs improved dramatically upon his arrival and almost EVERY PLAYER REGRESSED on the Red Wings upon his departure. Not a coincidence.

Mostly cause the powerplay. Dats and z declined. Made other players decline. Nyquist and tats. Pretty much did what they could with a bad pp. kronwall declined. Danny d only gets 30 points max.

Technically this would be sheahans sophomore slump. Meh

I agree. But I think they should still tank another year. They need another dman. Cause they sure ain't gettin a good goalie

They have dman prospects that pretty much equal our ouellets

Last edited by a moderator:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I also believe Babcock is the best. I did not like his goalie decisions, but I actually think he defeats the Bolts in round 1.
Though, the problem with Babcock is that he preches the defense at all time. It will be interesting to see how young players respond.

This Janmark dude is having a pretty good playoffs.
How?
Pierre McGuire likes the Blues conservative style when ahead. He thinks that approach is the reason they beat Chicago. Tells you all you need to know about this clown.
He is the clown indeed.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I also believe Babcock is the best. I did not like his goalie decisions, but I actually think he defeats the Bolts in round 1.
Though, the problem with Babcock is that he preches the defense at all time. It will be interesting to see how young players respond.

How?

He is the clown indeed.

In one playoff run he's halfway to catching nyquist. Not that that's hard to do. But

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Don't believe in choker narratives, but if the Sharks fail to win the West this year, their franchise needs to be burned to the ground. That 1st round series with LA should have decided who comes out of the West to meet Pittsburgh

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

Well metrics didn't help since The Leafs finished pretty much where they did the year before he got there. The Wings finished pretty much the same as when Babs was here. End results tell me more about the myth of Babcock than metrics do.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Well metrics didn't help since The Leafs finished pretty much where they did the year before he got there. The Wings finished pretty much the same as when Babs was here. End results tell me more about the myth of Babcock than metrics do.

give each man 4 years in their respective new jobs under each organizations regime

i suspect toronto is gonna look very good and detroit, welp, if holland intentionally chooses to build the roster the way he has these past five seasons using the same methods, then we will all be begging to be leaf fans

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well they're definitely not making the playoffs quite yet.

Could see them being better than us in ~2 years, I'd guess.

Unless we can find a defensive equivalent to Larkin in the next draft or two.

Last edited:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
toronto would be smarter not signing stamkos but sucking for one more year and grabbing another top 3 pick in 2017(nolan patrick)

they still need to hit on another dman but damn the leafs would be fantastic for 10 years or more if they do

Leafs signed Nikita Zaitsev.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
WSH 4th line on Crosby is like putting a 5'9 PG on LeBron James

Vegas had Pittsburgh +110 for the series. 47.6% implied probability. LMFAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hollands a better gm then Rutherford.

All holland needs to do is tank and he wins a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad