Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Though in different places on the ice, hit looks similar to Buff on Gallagher hit to me, all the way to the elbow coming up after the hit.

Seems like it's an easy decision on the Buff hit as well. We'll see what happens.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Stone basically only catches him on the jaw, Byfuglien gets way more upper body (finishing the check through the opposite shoulder) because Gallagher's head is up and tucked.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Bickell was waived a while ago (went unclaimed..surprise), but the Hawks never assigned him to the AHL until now.

Yeah. He cleared on October 3rd, so today was the last day they could send him down without his needing to pass through waivers again.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
Brace yourselves, the Canadian media is about to explode about video review. Toronto just had a goal taken off the board...

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Brace yourselves, the Canadian media is about to explode about video review. Toronto just had a goal taken off the board...

I follow a lot of Toronto-based sportswriters on Twitter, and they all went off about how coach's challenges on offsides ruins the flow of games, etc.

Sometimes you need the main act to be affected to get the result you want.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Draisaitl with another assist. He now has 6 pts in 7 periods. He gets to play with RNH and Hall; Reinhart gets Legwand and McGinn, wheeee!!!

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Draisaitl with another assist. He now has 6 pts in 7 periods. He gets to play with RNH and Hall; Reinhart gets Legwand and McGinn, wheeee!!!

One has nothing to do with the other. It's just fan wankery. I would trust the coach here until you have a reason not to.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
You can see McDavid raises his shoulder at the last second to absorb the impact and avoid going in head first. Quick thinking in a crappy situation.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
"gets tripped"

uh no, he lost an edge

I'm sure Edmonton will get another #1 overall to compensate
Should have been a holding call IMO. Not dirty at all though, just a guy getting beat.

This sucks though. He's such an exciting player. As much as I hate to see it, it's not really surprising to me that something like this would happen considering how fast he is and still a bit thin. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad