Around the NHL 2015-16: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanDog

Feb 1, 2010
Jack hasn't been playing that smart in the offensive zone the last couple of games. 8 shots last night but how many of them were chances?

I feel like it's gone from waiting for the offensive breakout game to hoping he can just keep the same level of focus. Something besides puck luck is off right now and that mental part of the game might be what needs the most work.

You are being very hypercritical.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Everyone knew some (many?) of the views for Islanders games were going to be terrible but it's inexplicable why the team would place an advertising banner in a manner that further impairs an already terrible sightline. If they had hung the banner lower it would still be visible on TV and for those in the arena without angering already upset ticket holders. In a year when they team should be bending over backwards to accommodate fans they appear to doing the opposite, at least until they cave to fan pressure.

Also

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Everyone knew some (many?) of the views for Islanders games were going to be terrible but it's inexplicable why the team would place an advertising banner in a manner that further impairs an already terrible sightline. If they had hung the banner lower it would still be visible on TV and for those in the arena without angering already upset ticket holders. In a year when they team should be bending over backwards to accommodate fans they appear to doing the opposite, at least until they cave to fan pressure.

Also

It's absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing that one of the best teams in the NHL with one of the best players in the NHL is only pulling in 11,000 fans a night.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I have a feeling the Islanders/Barclays marriage will be a brief one. That arena is god-awful for hockey.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
ESPN pulls the plug on grantland:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/espn-statement-regarding-grantland/

Sean McIndoe is one of the best hockey blog/writers out there. Too funny and his insights are right on the money most of the time. Such a shame to see his column come to an end.

There's no way Sean "Down Goes Brown" McIndoe doesn't get snapped up in a heartbeat. He's one of the best and the funniest. I just hope he doesn't go to Deadspin - any Gawker site is the trash of the internet. I could see Sportsnet.ca grabbing him, or maybe TSN. The Hockey News is a shell of what it used to be, though thankfully, that hack Adam Proteau is gone.

McIndoe will have another job in a week if not less - or maybe ESPN keeps him for the main site. As long as you don't need "Insider" to read him.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I thought the bane of Grantland's hockey coverage was forcing MacIndoe away from humor and more towards analysis instead of signing a strong analytical lead like Lowe/Barnwell/Keri. That person, him and Baker would have been a great trifecta.

I just hope he doesn't go to Yahoo. Wyshynski is garbage.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I thought the bane of Grantland's hockey coverage was forcing MacIndoe away from humor and more towards analysis instead of signing a strong analytical lead like Lowe/Barnwell/Keri. That person, him and Baker would have been a great trifecta.

Ha ha ha - Wyshynski and I were going back and forth on Twitter last night. I compared him to Adam Proteau for publishing stuff like "Winnipeg Jets ban headdresses at Blackhawks games" which are more political, in my opinion. I guess he didn't like the Proteau comparison...

Puck Daddy isn't great but it was worse when Harrison Mooney was there. He was a sanctimonious hack who tried to show how evolved and progressive he was until he got canned for sexually harassing girls on Twitter.

Honestly, I think Sportsnet.ca would be McIndoe's best bet but I'll follow him wherever he goes.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Their mistake was not letting him be a humorist, I hope they don't go for a humorist to replace him?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Calgary looks awful. You'd have to lack integrity to root for a team like that. :sarcasm:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Right on cue about 1/4th of them are saying they were a Matthews or a Chychrun away from being elite anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad