Around the NHL 2014 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Checking out the Leaf post game thread, was surprised to see that even Leaf fans are getting sick of Kadri's diving.

He must have had some good ones tonight.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Mostly a good night on the scoreboard for us.

The good: leafs and jackets lose

The bad: Wings picking up a point.

For tomorrow we need to win and have the coyotes, kings and bruins win to make it a perfect night on the scoreboard. Realistically 1-2 more regulation losses and we're done. It's very unlikely that the last playoff spot will be less than 90 pts.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Mostly a good night on the scoreboard for us.

The good: leafs and jackets lose

The bad: Wings picking up a point.

For tomorrow we need to win and have the coyotes, kings and bruins win to make it a perfect night on the scoreboard. Realistically 1-2 more regulation losses and we're done. It's very unlikely that the last playoff spot will be less than 90 pts.

Dude.. our chances are currently at 0.3%

No offense but you're crazy if you think it'll take 1-2 more losses for us to be done

We were done a long time ago

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
We're not done until the math says we're done. Nobody knows what can happen down the stretch. I sure as hell didn't see Ottawa ever winning 11 games in a row with a weaker squad on paper than this one. Having said that if they decide to drop both games in Florida it's over and not even a 10 game win streak could put them in.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
We're not done until the math says we're done. Nobody knows what can happen down the stretch. I sure as hell didn't see Ottawa ever winning 11 games in a row with a weaker squad on paper than this one. Having said that if they decide to drop both games in Florida it's over and not even a 10 game win streak could put them in.

Keep it up, I have a great deal of respect for what you are doing. No one in their right mind will ever call you a fair weather fan.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Well I'm hoping them seeing the Bruins will give them inspiration to go on their own 12 game winning streak :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm just wanting to see Washington and Columbus make it past Toronto and Detroit.
That's still plausible at least and would make me feel a little better.

On paper we mathematically still have a chance, but my heart can't take that rollercoaster anymore this season since the players aren't showing up for games since the trade deadline. Those Alberta games should have been ours, and who knows how things could have gone from there.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Just in case people were assuming it was a dumb Leafs tweet, so didn't bother clicking the link:

Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney

Jeff Carter expects boos in his return to Philadelphia. He'll be fuelled by the boos. He plans to drink the boos. He misheard the question.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Its leaf fans. What do you expect?

The people attacking April Reimer are probably the same people that attacked Ceci's mom.

I saw April Reimer's responses to the Twitter storm this afternoon, and it showed that she is a very bright, together young woman - I was impressed. I still don't think that the wife of a prominent athlete should have a Twitter account just for her own mental health, but if she's ready to put up with the abuse, God bless her. Twitter is a great tool, but man are there a lot of dark alleys there, and people with whom you just do NOT want to engage...

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Well the dream is still alive for at least 1 more night. 11 more wins to go. Mixed night on the scoreboard today.

The good: Flyers lost and we finally won a game :amazed:

The bad: Rangers winning

The ugly: Habs stealing a game they didn't deserve

For tomorrow we need to win and have the blues, kings, isles, sabres, and the wings win to make it a perfect night. The target is clearly Toronto and what I wouldn't give if we could make the playoffs at their expense.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Bruins are the league's biggest hypocrites. They can only dish out hits, but can't take them. Seriously, I hate that team more than Montreal... I can't believe I'm saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad