Around the NHL 16-17 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Mathews, Marner, and Nylander have been great but a big difference between us and them are non first round picks Connor Brown and Zach Hyman really contributing. Brown is gonna score 20, Hyman 10. Carrier/Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching have 13 total as a group. They also added Zaitsev who's played really well.

or... they role 3 lines of offense...

JVR-Bozak-Marner.... is their 3rd line. Ours is Carrier-Rodrigues-Gionta.

Hyman (who is 3 years older, but comparable to Fasching IMO), is playing on a line with Matthews and Nylander. Fasching, when he gets a chance, is playing with Nic Deslauriers.

Hyman and Brown get to play with top line talent... our 2nd tier of young players get to play with Brian Gionta, Marcus Foligno, Nic Deslauriers, Zemgus Girgensons, Matt Moulson, etc...

Babcock is playing his Girgensons and Faschings and Carriers.... with his Eichel, ROR, Reinhart spine. And he's playing offense. And wowzers... his non-1st round skill players are producing when paired with his scoring veterans and elite youth...

The biggest difference between Buffalo and Toronto is Who is coaching, and What they are coaching. No amount of stat sheet comparing will change that.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
He is correct about Emelin, though.
I do smile every time someone pulls him from a scrum but both of those dudes are what's wrong with hockey.

"I pick my spots with RESPECT." It's just silly national pastime syndrome ****.

Also, really not looking forward to Thornton leveraging a sea of Boston bros to assume the "enforcer who keeps it REAL" role in media for the next few decades.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I know this but Bailey, whom I'm a fan of, was given an extended opportunity playing with top 6 talent and disappointed, produced little.
Baptiste deserved the same opportunity and wasn't given it. Fasching's season was a write-off due to injury.

Bylsma messed around again with Girgensons, he's been set back as much as any Sabre by Bylsma.

Do you think Connor Brown scores 20 in Bylsma lineups and system? No way.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
bah Islanders puked all over themselves, Leafs all but guaranteed in the playoffs :(

Mathews, Marner, and Nylander have been great but a big difference between us and them are non first round picks Connor Brown and Zach Hyman really contributing. Brown is gonna score 20, Hyman 10. Carrier/Bailey/Baptiste/Fasching have 13 total as a group. They also added Zaitsev who's played really well.

Tampa has a chance. We play both Toronto and the Lightning. Tampa is 4 points down with 6 games left.
They don't have the tie breaker so we need to do them a solid and beat Toronto in regulation and then lose to Tampa in regulation or OT. Would love to see the Leafs lose out. Doubtful though. Thanks Murray for the accelerated rebuild!

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Tampa has a chance. We play both Toronto and the Lightning. Tampa is 4 points down with 6 games left.
They don't have the tie breaker so we need to do them a solid and beat Toronto in regulation and then lose to Tampa in regulation or OT. Would love to see the Leafs lose out. Doubtful though. Thanks Murray for the accelerated rebuild!

I'm more than happy to lose the Tampa game if it means it screws over the Leafs. Plus it might be a better draft pick.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I'm more than happy to lose the Tampa game if it means it screws over the Leafs. Plus it might be a better draft pick.

I just spent 10 minutes looking at schedules trying to figure out how Toronto can miss the playoffs. This is some petty exgf stuff. I don't like them very much.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
or... they role 3 lines of offense...

JVR-Bozak-Marner.... is their 3rd line. Ours is Carrier-Rodrigues-Gionta.

Hyman (who is 3 years older, but comparable to Fasching IMO), is playing on a line with Matthews and Nylander. Fasching, when he gets a chance, is playing with Nic Deslauriers.

Hyman and Brown get to play with top line talent... our 2nd tier of young players get to play with Brian Gionta, Marcus Foligno, Nic Deslauriers, Zemgus Girgensons, Matt Moulson, etc...

Babcock is playing his Girgensons and Faschings and Carriers.... with his Eichel, ROR, Reinhart spine. And he's playing offense. And wowzers... his non-1st round skill players are producing when paired with his scoring veterans and elite youth...

The biggest difference between Buffalo and Toronto is Who is coaching, and What they are coaching. No amount of stat sheet comparing will change that.

EXACTLY THiS

Its not the production the Leafs are getting from their young players that should be making us jealous

Its the fact that said players are actually being utilized correctly.

Connor Brown would have 5 goals for the season and 8 minutes of avg TOI here.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Never a dull moment with Matthew Tkachuk. I'm rooting for the Flames in the Western playoff race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad