Around the NHL 16-17 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Id like to see Joe Blow know it all poster on here run a Bantam AAA bench. I'am no Bylsma fan but the lengths you guys will go to suit your agenda's is comical.
I'm not a chef but does that mean if I go to a restaurant and get served a bad meal I have no right to complain?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Crosby is like the best of Wayne Gretzky and the worst of Raffi Torres all rolled into one. He's like an old school wrestling heel who everyone knew was a tremendous wrestler but always used cheap and dirty tactics when he didn't need to resort to them.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
We didn't even a GM when we hired Babcock IIRC. It would have been Shanahan's call along with Dubasand Hunter. To be fair, we also didn't have Matthews then or had any clue that Nylander and Marner were going to be this good. I'm assuming the Leafs wanted Boucher because they heard good things about him from Yzerman and liked what he did in the Swiss league and thought he has changed a bit since his Tampa days. It would have been a terrible decision but I also struggle to name one other coach the Leafs could have gone for besides Boucher.

My timing might be way off, but wasnt Bruce Boudreau available?

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
I'm not a chef but does that mean if I go to a restaurant and get served a bad meal I have no right to complain?

It's not wise to complain about a bad meal until after you are done. Unless you want an extra ingredient or two in the redo meal...

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
My timing might be way off, but wasnt Bruce Boudreau available?

He became available the next off-season. I wish Pegula/TM et al didn't get rushed with the Bylsma hire and waited for someone better. It could have been Boudreau landing in the Sabres lap, but he probably would've gone to Minny still anyway.

I just don't know what Buffalo can do to become an attractive organization for players and coaches...and it just might not be a possibility.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Which team was worse: our tank job of 2 years ago or this years Avs. I honest to God think the Avs might be even worse. At least Ted Nolan had us playing hard (particularly at the end where they nearly blew the tank). How does Joe Saccic still have a job?

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Which team was worse: our tank job of 2 years ago or this years Avs. I honest to God think the Avs might be even worse. At least Ted Nolan had us playing hard (particularly at the end where they nearly blew the tank). How does Joe Saccic still have a job?

Better yet, our top two centers were Ennis and Girgs. I don't understand how they are this bad. They actually have some legitimate talent on that team.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Keller just signed with Arizona.

Not gonna lie seeing how good Tkachuk and Keller look going 6/7 last year kinda stings a bit right now. Arizona is probably getting a better player in Keller then they got in Strome.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Keller just signed with Arizona.

Not gonna lie seeing how good Tkachuk and Keller look going 6/7 last year kinda stings a bit right now. Arizona is probably getting a better player in Keller then they got in Strome.

Why does it sting...They went before our pick. Nothing we could do about that.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Right. If anything stings, it's Chychrun.

As a Chychrun fanboy, yeah, that one stings for me. I still hold that was the better "Organizational Team Building" option, but I understand the drafting of Nylander as we also don't have that many skilled hockey players in the mold of Nylander at the forward position. We needed both and he took the forward road.

But I also had Nylander as option 1b. I think Nylander will be a very good hockey player. Just needs to get stronger and more confident in his own play.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
That we were in position to finish in the top 4 with like 5 weeks left and missed on the elite tier of prospects.

5 weeks left leaves enough of anything could happen. Not sure what they could've done differently to assure themselves to be in a top 4 pick territory. Doubt anybody in the organization would've been fine with "tanking".

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
5 weeks left leaves enough of anything could happen. Not sure what they could've done differently to assure themselves to be in a top 4 pick territory. Doubt anybody in the organization would've been fine with "tanking".

I don't really care...my point was that the two guys picked in front of us look really damn good. Moving on...

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I don't really care...my point was that the two guys picked in front of us look really damn good. Moving on...

Oh I agree, they are good players, but would recommend not to get upset about it. ;)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Just saw that on NBC-SN... goaltending is not for those who lack heart (no pun intended)

JR was extolling Zetterberg for keeping the Wings out for the traditional stick-tap salute to show respect, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad