Around the NHL 13/14 Part VIII | Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Nice snipe by Tarasenko
If it wasn't for the fact we ended up with Turris as a result of that pick, I might almost be upset we didn't take him.

That would still be a tough choice. Turris is a great 2 way 2nd line center, but Tarasenko is looking like he might end up being a legit top line winger.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Only thing I enjoy about not having the Sens in the playoffs is being able to shut off the nerves and just enjoy the games. I'm a nervous mess around this time of year, normally.

Elated about having some tie 2-2 series. That Sharks-Kings game was some of the best hockey I've seen.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Well, 3-1 lead is not enough for win in CBJ-Pitts series. So i predict constant Pitts powerplay in game 5, till they get 3 goal lead ;)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Only thing I enjoy about not having the Sens in the playoffs is being able to shut off the nerves and just enjoy the games. I'm a nervous mess around this time of year, normally.

Elated about having some tie 2-2 series. That Sharks-Kings game was some of the best hockey I've seen.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the games last night- no stress, just sit back and enjoy.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That would still be a tough choice. Turris is a great 2 way 2nd line center, but Tarasenko is looking like he might end up being a legit top line winger.

The more time that passes the less I am liking most of BMs trades.
I would probably reverse methot, Ryan, conacher, rundblad, filatov, Detroit picks.
All bad tinkering in my opinion.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The more time that passes the less I am liking most of BMs trades.
I would probably reverse methot, Ryan, conacher, rundblad, filatov, Detroit picks.
All bad tinkering in my opinion.

Reversing Conacher leaves you with three talented goalies, one of which likely walks in the offseason. Poor asset management.

Reversing Rundblad means we never get Turris and we probably wouldn't draft Tarasenko, either. Murray's stance on drafting Russians was clear at the time.

Filatov was a calculated risk, and we gave up essentially nothing on the off-hand chance that he needed a change of scenery.

The Detroit picks are WAY too early to judge.

Methot and Ryan, I'll give that they're certainly debateable. I wouldn't reverse either, but I see the logic.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Reversing Conacher leaves you with three talented goalies, one of which likely walks in the offseason. Poor asset management.
Bishop, lehner rfas, anderson under contract. lehner starts in ahl, bishop told he can compete for #1 spot. Not an uncommon situation at all. Anyone unhappy? "suck it up, we're giving you an nhl opportunity"
Reversing Rundblad means we never get Turris and we probably wouldn't draft Tarasenko, either. Murray's stance on drafting Russians was clear at the time.
At the time, turris was not an option and unlikely in managements dreams. the trade was rundblad instead of tarasenko, bjugstad(who i was hoping for), bennett, coyle, tinordi.
Don't need turris if you draft one of those guys. Could have traded them for a turris or equal value if you wanted though. It's not like those guys had/have less value than rundblad. bpa was not rundblad.
Filatov was a calculated risk, and we gave up essentially nothing on the off-hand chance that he needed a change of scenery.
filatov already failed in the nhl. i would expect management to know even better than us. adam lowry was available for example. that's a better risk imo. it seems someone here gets easily distracted and over excited with trades sometimes. I get the reasoning though.
The Detroit picks are WAY too early to judge.
yes too early to judge but not to guess. noesen was picked ahead of puempel. could have had puempel(with the noesen pick) AND jurco/jenner/saad AND ouellet/sproul/kucherov.
Methot and Ryan, I'll give that they're certainly debateable. I wouldn't reverse either, but I see the logic.
Methot-Foligno is more debatable i agree. we need foligno type players though. he is an one ice leader and proven all round good guy. i'd reverse it and sign a ufa D or make another trade (a better one).
Ryan was for noesen, silfverberg, and nylander/perlini/fleury? Noesen was the return on the fisher trade. We'll wait and see on this one, but i like the 200ft potential of the guys we gave away. silf is looking improved already, he doesn't play in an offensive role really on ana.

Bishop
Tarasenko
Lowry
Jurco/Jenner
Sproul
Foligno
Silfverberg
Nylander/Fleury

OR?
Lindberg
Turris
Methot
Ryan

That's almost painful for me to look at

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Bishop, lehner rfas, anderson under contract. lehner starts in ahl, bishop told he can compete for #1 spot. Not an uncommon situation at all. Anyone unhappy? "suck it up, we're giving you an nhl opportunity"

At the time, turris was not an option and unlikely in managements dreams. the trade was rundblad instead of tarasenko, bjugstad(who i was hoping for), bennett, coyle, tinordi.
Don't need turris if you draft one of those guys. Could have traded them for a turris or equal value if you wanted though. It's not like those guys had/have less value than rundblad. bpa was not rundblad.

filatov already failed in the nhl. i would expect management to know even better than us. adam lowry was available for example. that's a better risk imo. it seems someone here gets easily distracted and over excited with trades sometimes. I get the reasoning though.

yes too early to judge but not to guess. noesen was picked ahead of puempel. could have had puempel(with the noesen pick) AND jurco/jenner/saad AND ouellet/sproul/kucherov.

Methot-Foligno is more debatable i agree. we need foligno type players though. he is an one ice leader and proven all round good guy. i'd reverse it and sign a ufa D or make another trade (a better one).
Ryan was for noesen, silfverberg, and nylander/perlini/fleury? Noesen was the return on the fisher trade. We'll wait and see on this one, but i like the 200ft potential of the guys we gave away. silf is looking improved already, he doesn't play in an offensive role really on ana.

Bishop
Tarasenko

Lowry
Jurco/Jenner
Sproul
Foligno
Silfverberg

Nylander

OR?
Lindberg
Turris
Methot
Ryan
Some valid points, but in my eyes it boils down to: who's had an NHL impact so far? Four on the "others" list and three on the "Ottawa" list. And given the quality of the impact players, I'll take the Ottawa list for now. Impossible to assume everyone on the above list who hasn't made it yet will be good, average or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad