Around the NHL 13/14 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The islanders are as worse as the sens. They take the lead with a couple of minutes to go in the third period, but they allow the caps to tie it up withing 30 seconds left when the caps were on the pk. Then ovi wins it in overtime.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Have I mentioned how much I hate the way the Calgary Flames run their team?

hm? Just woke up....what are they doing now? They better not be messing up Monahan (although last i heard his foot was broken...actually played virtually a whole game on a fractured foot - warrior!).

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
hm? Just woke up....what are they doing now? They better not be messing up Monahan (although last i heard his foot was broken...actually played virtually a whole game on a fractured foot - warrior!).

Baertschi is a healthy scratch again. They are playing Blair ****ing Jones and Paul Byron over him. One of their top offensive players gets injured, so instead of relying on a good offensive player like Baertschi they double down on suck.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Baertschi is a healthy scratch again. They are playing Blair ****ing Jones and Paul Byron over him. One of their top offensive players gets injured, so instead of relying on a good offensive player like Baertschi they double down on suck.

Ah. Jones is a center, iirc? Maybe they're worried about faceoffs with Monahan out. LA has a ton of talent, they can make you pay dearly for a lost faceoff in your zone.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
Ah. Jones is a center, iirc? Maybe they're worried about faceoffs with Monahan out. LA has a ton of talent, they can make you pay dearly for a lost faceoff in your zone.

Their second, third and fourth line left wingers as per their pre-game lineup are Lance Bouma, Blair Jones and Paul Byron.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Their second, third and fourth line left wingers as per their pre-game lineup are Lance Bouma, Blair Jones and Paul Byron.

That's....erm....is there a nice word for "weak"?

Very noticeable trend forming in the league lately. Only a couple teams out there with nice depth and about 25 teams with a lot of 'wth are they thinking' in the bottom 6.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Well... Byron just set up Jones for a goal :laugh: :sarcasm:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
i79uNKabr5wPl.gif

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Sooo, I just saw article that was saying buffalo is really interested to give Tim Murray the gm job... Am I going crazy:cry::help:

So maybe Murray has leaked this information to try to get a better contract from Melnyk.

Or maybe Tim is not anxious to be working for a strict budget team that is perennially rebuilding with young players and can't bring in free agents.

The owner in Buffalo can be a free spender.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
yuck.....this Canucks pregame show on Sportsnet reeks. I can't believe hockey fans will be stuck with such horrible announcers/panels next season. What the heck was the NHL thinking with that stupid tv deal? Brutal. :shakehead

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I wouldn't blame Tim for leaving. The current situation for the Sens cant be fun for a GM.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is it just me, or can anyone else see the similarities between the islanders and the senators?

Both are having major defensive problems right now
Both have coaches who are making questionable decisions.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Is it just me, or can anyone else see the similarities between the islanders and the senators?

Both are having major defensive problems right now
Both have coaches who are making questionable decisions.

Both traded away 1st round picks to acquire star forwards :(
Edit- At least the Isles have the option of switching it to next year's pick. Although, if we had that option I wouldn't take it since McDavid is available next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad