Not open for further replies.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Screenshot_20220722-203941_Instagram.jpg

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Thank goodness we don't have a GM as stupid as Florida's.
Kinda depends; if he knew Huberdeau wasn't planning on signing there long term, plus the fact he'll want money equal to Tkachuk and he's 5 years older? And he can re-sign Weegar after the season if he's so inclined?

I think Florida got the better end of it. It might end up being Schwindt and a conditional 1st for Tkachuk. That's a fantastic deal.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think the Flames did well. They traded one year of Tkachuk for one year of Huberdeau and Weeger at roughly same money plus got a 1st and a prospect. If they can't sign them they are an easier trade at deadline with reduced Cap hits.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think the Flames did well. They traded one year of Tkachuk for one year of Huberdeau and Weeger at roughly same money plus got a 1st and a prospect. If they can't sign them they are an easier trade at deadline with reduced Cap hits.
For one year I think the advantage is Calgary by a small margin. After that it swings in Florida's favor. You try to make deals to help your team long term and Calgary did notr do that. Also, what does Calgary do now? They lost Johnny hockey because of stupidity by not trading him, and now they have Huberdeau and Weeger in the same boat.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Question is if Flames will move those players at the deadline if they’re in a playoff spot.
They should trade them now. Get assets and start the rebuild. I hope Calgary keeps them so they won't be another tank team.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
2 pending UFA’s and didn’t return a 2023 1st???

Treliving was in a helpless spot but should’ve done better than that.

It was a Florida fleecing.

I guess it depends on how you view Matthew Tkachuk. For the cost of his extension and what he had to give up, Zito ridiculously overpaid.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They should trade them now. Get assets and start the rebuild. I hope Calgary keeps them so they won't be another tank team.
Rebuild? They still have a goalie who was in the Vezina running, a center who was in the Selke running, top pair D who was in conversation for best pairing in League, and got a player who was in the running for the Hart. I'd pump the brakes on that.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Rebuild? They still have a goalie who was in the Vezina running, a center who was in the Selke running, top pair D who was in conversation for best pairing in League, and got a player who was in the running for the Hart. I'd pump the brakes on that.
They just lost their best player for nothing. The players they got for MK are both UFA's after this year and will want big deals and both are at or past their prime. Huberdeau had a great year but he had a great surrounding cast around him. Calgary with their current roster in a "win now" area. The only problem, they aren't good enough to go deep in the playoffs. Everything lined up for Calgary last year, I doubt it happens again, but at least with Sutter they have a chance to be respectable.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They just lost their best player for nothing. The players they got for MK are both UFA's after this year and will want big deals and both are at or past their prime. Huberdeau had a great year but he had a great surrounding cast around him. Calgary with their current roster in a "win now" area. The only problem, they aren't good enough to go deep in the playoffs. Everything lined up for Calgary last year, I doubt it happens again, but at least with Sutter they have a chance to be respectable.
I just told you their best player, the goalie, is still there!!!!! Their really good is largely intact. Their best player as you suggest is replaced by a guy just as good this season. The Flames are fine short term, you don't tear that down , you adjust annually.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I just told you their best player, the goalie, is still there!!!!! Their really good is largely intact. Their best player as you suggest is replaced by a guy just as good this season. The Flames are fine short term, you don't tear that down , you adjust annually.
They are fine for one year, then all hell breaks loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia