Around The NHL #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
'24 could also have a shit ton of 1st and 2nd round picks from the 21 through 23 drafts playing big minutes to go along with a few high profile trade and free agent additions. If Bill's plan if still firing on all cylinders by then over half the roster alone may be high draft picks. It's not out of the question to think we go from dog shit to very interesting at that point especially if one addition is a solid goalie. Whether that's playoffs or not might be a stretch but it's not like you have to be great to make the playoffs in the NHL.
Do you realize how crappy our team is at the moment? I don't care if we get Bedard, we still have a long ways to go. We are 40 pts. from landing the last playoff spot. We have to jump 15 teams, and those 15 teams all want to get better as well. Even if we have a shit ton of 1st and 2nd round picks on the team, those kids still have to mature and develop etc. Just because they were high draft picks doesn't mean they will be an overnight success. With so much parity in the league it is hard to win. We have a lot of growing pains in front of us.

Reactions: Kaizen

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The main page is wild right now…

D21920EC-5509-408C-B1B5-4E350B32F8E8.jpeg

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
It would appear Columbus could use our assistance now that they have resigned Laine. Roughly 6.4 million over the cap. Does something around Nyquist make sense? AAV of 5.5 while actual cash is 5 million.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If it's any country but Canada, are they screaming for that country's removal from the upcoming WJCs?

It would appear Columbus could use our assistance now that they have resigned Laine. Roughly 6.4 million over the cap. Does something around Nyquist make sense? AAV of 5.5 while actual cash is 5 million.

Seattle is having a much better offseason than last.

Reactions: PainForShane

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
So how many and which teams will "out tank" the Coyotes? Wouldn't surprise me if most of the Canadian teams were going to purposely tank.

rt

May 13, 2004
Not any more. Bjorkstrand tonSeattle for free. Yikes. The price to take on Nyquist must’ve sky high.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So how many and which teams will "out tank" the Coyotes? Wouldn't surprise me if most of the Canadian teams were going to purposely tank.
I'd put my more on no Canadian teams tanking before I put it on most.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
We still need to re-sign Crouse and Hayton. That will get us above the floor. After doing that, the forwards will be at 13. Expecting 13 forwards, 8 blueliners, 2 goalies heading into the season. I don't see us taking a cap dump without a contract going back.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
If it's any country but Canada, are they screaming for that country's removal from the upcoming WJCs?

Seattle is having a much better offseason than last.

Not any more. Bjorkstrand tonSeattle for free. Yikes. The price to take on Nyquist must’ve sky high.
Yea I posted at the same time of the trade. Happens I suppose

rt

May 13, 2004

This 2003 one is going to be 100x worse than the 2019 one.

So, so, so much worse. Video proof that she was unconscious and that they joked about the fact, proving they were fully aware she could not consent.

Wowzers. This is like the text book reason why we have these kinds of protections.

I mean. What’s the statute of limitations? If reports on what’s contained in the video are true, these guys might actually go to prison.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who's been sitting on this video for 20 years?

Nobody. They (the authorities) don't have a copy of the tape as far as I understand it. Just the testimony that 3 people saw one at some point.

rt

May 13, 2004
Nobody. They (the authorities) don't have a copy of the tape as far as I understand it. Just the testimony that 3 people saw one at some point.
Ohhhh I misread. I thought I read that the guy who had the camera had deleted the tape. But someone else had made a copy prior to returning his camera to him. And that copy is now available. Is that incorrect?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ohhhh I misread. I thought I read that the guy who had the camera had deleted the tape. But someone else had made a copy prior to returning his camera to him. And that copy is now available. Is that incorrect?

That copy is potentially out there and still exists, along with potentially others, but they either don't have it or have it and are listening to see who scatters/panics as a result of this news being made public.

The guys on the tape better hope it's the former.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
These team canada gang bang / gang rape stories sure do make Logan Mailloux look like a saint. And to think the canadian prime minister weighed in on the Mailloux situation and scolded the Habs for picking him. Can't wait to hear what he'll have to say about these NHL stars.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
These team canada gang bang / gang rape stories sure do make Logan Mailloux look like a saint. And to think the canadian prime minister weighed in on the Mailloux situation and scolded the Habs for picking him. Can't wait to hear what he'll have to say about these NHL stars.
Well, the Mailloux thing was proven. So there’s that.

Seattle is at least trying to pull themselves out of the cellar.
But why? That’s what I don’t get. Seems like they’re shooting for the middle so soon they’re in danger of staying in the middle for a long, long time.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
But why? That’s what I don’t get. Seems like they’re shooting for the middle so soon they’re in danger of staying in the middle for a long, long time.
Nothing wrong with the middle. At least it’s an honest game. Tanking needs to be removed. It would be so funny if like 12 teams tanked, can you just imagine the games. 1/3 teams didn’t give a shit each night. Ratings would plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad