Around the League

Oct 18, 2006
Bertuzzi with goals 8, 9 and 10 on the season. Hate him playing for the Leafs. What a disaster this season for him personally but maybe this will wake him up. And you know he’s got extra gears for the playoffs.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bertuzzi with goals 8, 9 and 10 on the season. Hate him playing for the Leafs. What a disaster this season for him personally but maybe this will wake him up. And you know he’s got extra gears for the playoffs.
I'd be ok with facing him in the second round. :D

Reactions: Austrianwing

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
That boner stopped us from gaining ground on the Laffs. Toronto has been on a absolute heater lately.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Just checked in on Klingberg out of curiosity... 0G 5A in 14 games this year. Did he fire his agent for rejecting the Dallas extension?

Ah, looks like he did a while ago. Man that's brutal.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Just checked in on Klingberg out of curiosity... 0G 5A in 14 games this year. Did he fire his agent for rejecting the Dallas extension?

Ah, looks like he did a while ago. Man that's brutal.

his career might even be over

he's essentially out for the season with the same hip thing Kane had at the moment

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
TSN cracks me up. Great for level of detail, awful for bias. Here's their latest, "who won their last few games" poll:

Toronto at #2. I think Pittsburgh at #12 is the first team on that list that I WOULDN'T pick to beat the Leafs in a playoff series.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
TSN cracks me up. Great for level of detail, awful for bias. Here's their latest, "who won their last few games" poll:

Toronto at #2. I think Pittsburgh at #12 is the first team on that list that I WOULDN'T pick to beat the Leafs in a playoff series.

isn't that literally what a power ranking is supposed to be?

Toronto's on an active 7 game winning streak right now

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
isn't that literally what a power ranking is supposed to be?

Toronto's on an active 7 game winning streak right now
I guess it depends on what somebody thinks a meaningful sample size is for a ranking. If San Jose wins 7 in a row, I'm still keeping them in the bottom handful due to their overall body of work. Detroit has been on a heater, but I don't consider them a top-5 team. (And neither does this ranking.)

But maybe they just consider a power ranking "who's hot this week". Right or wrong, I had always thought it was a combination of recent and overall performance for trending.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

It has the Red Wings as a negative goal differential.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
The Pettersson drama is heating up again. I want Yzerman to be all over that this offseason.

There is absolutely nothing in our farm system or pick cupboard I wouldn't be willing to give up for him, and other than Seider and Larkin, there's no one on the team who is not tradable if the return is EP.

I dont care what the package is, I would be deeply disappointed if he gets traded this offseason and we aren't the team that gets him. In my eyes he better either be staying in Vancouver, otherwise he has to be a Red Wing. Any other scenario isn't acceptable.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The Pettersson drama is heating up again. I want Yzerman to be all over that this offseason.

There is absolutely nothing in our farm system or pick cupboard I wouldn't be willing to give up for him, and other than Seider and Larkin, there's no one on the team who is not tradable if the return is EP.

I dont care what the package is, I would be deeply disappointed if he gets traded this offseason and we aren't the team that gets him. In my eyes he better either be staying in Vancouver, otherwise he has to be a Red Wing. Any other scenario isn't acceptable.

I can't imagine a scenario where anything happens before the off-season at this point. But the longer Pettersson drags his feet signing, the more the smoke will continue to bellow out of Vancouver. I'm sure every GM with $11-12 million in cap space is keeping an eye on things.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
I can't imagine a scenario where anything happens before the off-season at this point. But the longer Pettersson drags his feet signing, the more the smoke will continue to bellow out of Vancouver. I'm sure every GM with $11-12 million in cap space is keeping an eye on things.
In terms of teams that become contenders by picking up Pettersson, can make it work cap-wise, and have the prospects and picks to trade, we're right up there if not at the very top of the list.

I dont count teams like Chicago and Anaheim who would have to give up too many supporting pieces without replacements where Pettersson alone doesn't move the needle enough.

I view Montreal and Buffalo as our main competitors and alot of the talk around this drama to me just *feels* like it's largely Canada related and that might not make Montreal a good fit, but that bit is purely my own speculation.

Agreed on offseason though, no way it happens prior IMO, Vancouver have a good team this year.

Reactions: SoupNazi

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Was hoping Vancouver would suck this year to hasten EP's desire to leave. But they are having a great season so far. But a quick playoff exit could maybe get the job done still.

This scenario is partly why I don't want to go heavy on someone at the deadline. Save those assets to grab a bigger fish next offseason? Could all be wishful thinking in the end anyway.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

So cool with Edvinsson, Danielson, and 2 1sts?

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
So cool with Edvinsson, Danielson, and 2 1sts?

Yes, it wouldnt be my first offer but if that was the ultimate price, then so be it. I know most people who post about their teams on the internet/social media get attached to prospects, but the odds of that combination of those 2 prospects + 2 complete unknowns which would likely be second half of the first round picks, being cumulatively better than Elias Pettersson for 8+ years, are slim to none.

Elias Pettersson is a top 6 or 7 center in the league. He's an elite franchise player with hall of fame talent and potential. If you don't have a player like that, but have a realistic chance to get one, you go for it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad