GDT: Around the League

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
The amount of out of town help Florida is getting is nuts, gotta take advantage

All this "help" is just an illusion. It doesn't matter if we don't win our own games.

Buffalo and Toronto could go on a 20 games losing streak and it's not going to help us. In the end, everything evens out and we'll need something like 96 pts to make the playoffs.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to watch the scoreboard and hope for "help" at this point of the season.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
All this "help" is just an illusion. It doesn't matter if we don't win our own games.

Buffalo and Toronto could go on a 20 games losing streak and it's not going to help us. In the end, everything evens out and we'll need something like 96 pts to make the playoffs.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to watch the scoreboard and hope for "help" at this point of the season.
You quoted my post to tell me the same thing I said (Florida needs to take advantage of other teams' losses) and then told me it's ridiculous to scoreboard watch when we're posting in the out of town scoreboard thread...lol

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
You quoted my post to tell me the same thing I said (Florida needs to take advantage of other teams' losses) and then told me it's ridiculous to scoreboard watch when we're posting in the out of town scoreboard thread...lol

That's my point actually

We don't need to take advantage of other teams' losses. We need to win, that's it. It has nothing to do with other teams' losses.

I don't care if teams like Montreal or Toronto losses 10 in a row. It's not going to "help" us if we don't get those 96 pts in the end.

We have to take care of own business while we still can.

Reactions: harv33173

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Why does Anderson have respectable numbers then? Is leafs d better than ours?

he's playing better. i don't think anyone's disputed that.

Ultimately, after watching hockey almost every night, I don't think our defense is especially bad lately. Every single team has breakdowns and gives up scoring chances. Every one of them. We get plenty of chances ourselves.

Gotta expect big money goaltenders to be able to keep some of those out of the net.

phew. glad you cleared that up!

seriously, are you suggesting there's just no difference between the execution of good teams and average or poor teams?

of course mistakes and breakdowns happen. good teams limit and mitigate them.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
he's playing better. i don't think anyone's disputed that.

phew. glad you cleared that up!

seriously, are you suggesting there's just no difference between the execution of good teams and average or poor teams?

of course mistakes and breakdowns happen. good teams limit and mitigate them.

Exactly. The Isles are the 3rd best team in the league right now. Because they are ultra-talented? No, because they limit their mistakes. They're probably the best team in the league at it. And as a result, their goaltenders' numbers are extremely good. It's a two-way street. And if the two are going good, they complement eachother. Those goalies wouldn't have those numbers if they played on most other teams.

Reactions: harv33173 and KW

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Exactly. The Isles are the 3rd best team in the league right now. Because they are ultra-talented? No, because they limit their mistakes. They're probably the best team in the league at it. And as a result, their goaltenders' numbers are extremely good. It's a two-way street. And if the two are going good, they complement eachother. Those goalies wouldn't have those numbers if they played on most other teams.
Also if those goalie played like bob this year isles would be nowhere near a playoff spot. 2 way street

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers potent d holds the kings to 0 goals while being hemmed in all period. Bob lets in 2 that period maybe 3

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Knocked out of 2nd by a team who recently lost 10 straight. Probably a sign of a bad team

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Oiler get fed their lunch yet again by a terribke kings team but their goalie gets them the win.
Completely dominated and outplayed on every square inch of the ice. But they must have awesome d cause their goalie only let in 1 goal

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I suggest you go watch our game against the Islanders again. Greiss stood on his head and badly outplayed Bob lol
So Greiss who has been mediocre his entire career is better than Bob who has been one of the best? OK LOL. Barry Trotz might help you out with that. It's actually laughable you guys can't understand this easy concept. It is honestly mindboggling you guys think Greiss carries or is even important to the Islanders LMAO. Funny how Varlamov and Greiss got substantially better from mediocre trash when Trotz arrived, guess they took all of Bob's skill. Should be arrested to be honest.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So Greiss who has been mediocre his entire career is better than Bob who has been one of the best? OK LOL. Barry Trotz might help you out with that. It's actually laughable you guys can't understand this easy concept. It is honestly mindboggling you guys think Greiss carries or is even important to the Islanders LMAO. Funny how Varlamov and Greiss got substantially better from mediocre trash when Trotz arrived, guess they took all of Bob's skill. Should be arrested to be honest.
This year? Yes they are better than bob so far and it’s not even close. I expect big bounce back from bob tho I just didn’t think it would take this long. I hope today is the turning point cause if not I don’t see him regaining his form this year without something drastic like new goalie coach

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
giphy.gif

Reactions: Rahooji

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad