Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Just when it seemed like maybe, just maaaaaaaybe, Bergevin had figured out how to GM, he goes and trades for Nate Thompson.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Huberdeau available. I wonder if he is part of a trade or series of trades that brings Panarin and Bob to Florida. Obviously, they’d have to get them to resign as part of the trade.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, Panarin is interested in either the big city or beachfront, so Florida might very well be on his hotlist anyway.

I don't think anyone is thinking that they're a Panarin away this season, so no way Tallon does something to try to land him as a rental.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well, Panarin is interested in either the big city or beachfront, so Florida might very well be on his hotlist anyway.

I don't think anyone is thinking that they're a Panarin away this season, so no way Tallon does something to try to land him as a rental.
agreed, but Tallon might be looking to make a big splash, moving Huberdeau would be so bad and idiotic for that team...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He should have just traded for Kruger imo.

If he wanted a good 4th liner and defensive player, I agree.

But it seems he wanted size and grit... even though I'd argue MTL's success this season has come in large part due to abandoning the chase for size and grit and embracing their strengths as a speedy team.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I cant picture Tallon trading Huberdeau, he neverardly ever parts with his high draft picks. The Gundbrannson trade occured when the other regime had power.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
They won the game, but WSH looked terrible against the LAK tonight. I wonder what the heck is happening with that team.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
They won the game, but WSH looked terrible against the LAK tonight. I wonder what the heck is happening with that team.

Perhaps Barry Trotz was more important than they thought. Nashville rebounded nicely when he left but I always thought he got a lot out of what they had, and his work this year with the Isles is obviously impressive.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure what the hell is going on but I am making a few hundred bucks a week just betting NHL games the past 7-8 weeks. I only bet the games I am confident in and parlay quite a lot of them. I won $300 tonight alone. Hell of a heater...

Tonight I bet the Caps, Pens, and Sharks to win and then parlayed them.

I don’t bet big anymore (250+) because I have a family and that would be greedy. I am also playing with free money on The site I use.

Last edited:

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Perhaps Barry Trotz was more important than they thought. Nashville rebounded nicely when he left but I always thought he got a lot out of what they had, and his work this year with the Isles is obviously impressive.
Nashville also decided to start spending more money, when he left didnt they? They were a cap floor team the whole time he was there iirc.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Holy ****, I didn't realize the Canucks were playing their G prospect DiPietro tonight.

"Enjoy your first game in the NHL kid, hope you don't mind getting shelled by the best shot-share team in the league."

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Holy ****, I didn't realize the Canucks were playing their G prospect DiPietro tonight.

"Enjoy your first game in the NHL kid, hope you don't mind getting shelled by the best shot-share team in the league."

Yeah they did him no favors. Made the game an easy bet. I am high on him btw.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yeah they did him no favors. Made the game an easy bet. I am high on him btw.

Apparently Markstrom had a last-minute injury.

Still, ****ty situation for the kid.

And yeah, the word on him is that he'll be good.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not sure what the hell is going on but I am making a few hundred bucks a week just betting NHL games the past 7-8 weeks. I only bet the games I am confident in and parlay quite a lot of them. I won $300 tonight alone. Hell of a heater...

Tonight I bet the Caps, Pens, and Sharks to win and then parlayed them.

I don’t bet big anymore (250+) because I have a family and that would be greedy. I am also playing with free money on The site I use.
Feel free to message me

Reactions: BK

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
There's a great thread on the mainboard about Jack Johnson.

The Jack Johnson effect - Maybe he is as bad as Pens fans say

@Blue Liner has said, many times, that lots of people on HFBoards could probably do as good a job, if not better, than most NHL GMs (I think it was him, if it wasn't please mock as necessary). This is just the latest example that.... yeah, he's probably right. NHL GMs, even the good ones, are idiots.

There's a great post in there predicting that some NHL GM is going to sign Tyler Myers to a hefty contract next year because he's big. And they're going to be sorry. I absolutely co-sign that prediction.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Nashville also decided to start spending more money, when he left didnt they? They were a cap floor team the whole time he was there iirc.

I'm not sure about the spending but I do think the talent is upgraded. They had Weber and Suter, but I don't recall their forwards being anything to fear.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm not sure about the spending but I do think the talent is upgraded. They had Weber and Suter, but I don't recall their forwards being anything to fear.

Yeah IIRC Trotz left right before Forsberg emerged and they traded Jones for Johansen

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
There's a great thread on the mainboard about Jack Johnson.

The Jack Johnson effect - Maybe he is as bad as Pens fans say

@Blue Liner has said, many times, that lots of people on HFBoards could probably do as good a job, if not better, than most NHL GMs (I think it was him, if it wasn't please mock as necessary). This is just the latest example that.... yeah, he's probably right. NHL GMs, even the good ones, are idiots.

There's a great post in there predicting that some NHL GM is going to sign Tyler Myers to a hefty contract next year because he's big. And they're going to be sorry. I absolutely co-sign that prediction.

Nope, it's me, and I will continue to say it if for NO other reason than many would at least know enough NOT to make some moves that are made by those who hold those positions. But there are people on this website, in this forum, who could absolutely make better decisions and do that job better than many current GMs if they were able to handle the other day-to-day grind that job is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad