Around the League XXXVII: Sens fire Boucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For a league where saying that a player was "merely okay" is coach- and GM-speak for being ****, that was nutso. You don't see that in today's NHL.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Stars CEO went in hard on Benn and Seguin

Stars CEO Jim Lites rips into Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin: 'It's pissed me off ... We are getting terrible play from our top two players'

Lotta stuff in that but the biggest bit is he called their effort this year “****ing horse****”.
Dallas has been spinning their wheels for years, and their drafting has been pure garbage so there’s no help on the way.

I’d be pissed off too, but I’m not sure calling your two best players out is going to help.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Still tickles me that one offseason where Nill was considered one of the best GM’s in the league. They are now what they’ve been for 5 years.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Still tickles me that one offseason where Nill was considered one of the best GM’s in the league. They are now what they’ve been for 5 years.
People on the main board will still give it a pass. Somehow they act like Haznal and Methot just were unexpected injuries if only the team was healthy. Nill signed those guys who in their whole nhl careers have 1 full season.

This board and hockey media seems to widely over praise gms who did nothing but make a give up roster talent for a first liner but forget these gms arent building good teams though. That's theres constant praise of top 5ish GM talk for nil, Armstrong, and these types on this board is funny to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I really hope Tampa wins it all this year. Part of me says that because the Loafs window is so small and if Tampa wins, obviously Toronto can’t win too.

But I’ve always been a huge Hedman and Stamkos fan, and Kucherov is so damn exciting to watch.

If Tampa doesn’t take it all this year I’m not sure who I’d want to. All aboard the Lightning bandwagon.

Reactions: LDF

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

This is exactly why you can’t always be completely honest with your opinions to the media as an owner/GM. I’m sure this is really going to help them sign UFAs...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

This is exactly why you can’t always be completely honest with your opinions to the media as an owner/GM. I’m sure this is really going to help them sign UFAs...

you may have a point, i look at this, this way, justification on why the team in pissed off at him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ok the style of play have change on T Seguin and it has affected his player per the twitter. i took it as such b/c i am seeing that it is implied. b/c Seguin is a superstar this msg was a justification on why the team did what it did.

just my opinion.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ok the style of play have change on T Seguin and it has affected his player per the twitter. i took it as such b/c i am seeing that it is implied. b/c Seguin is a superstar this msg was a justification on why the team did what it did.

just my opinion.

What do you mean the team did what it did? The owner trashing his players? You realize those stats say their top line has actually been better than last year, right?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What do you mean the team did what it did? The owner trashing his players? You realize those stats say their top line has actually been better than last year, right?
and can you not see that owner justifying this thru the twit ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No. Lol. There is no justifying the owner doing what he did. It was ****ing idiotic.
i never said it wasn't idiotic..... i said that Seguin had change his style in play. if that is the real reason for the owner outburst.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
i never said it wasn't idiotic..... i said that Seguin had change his style in play. if that is the real reason for the owner outburst.

... it's not. It's an owner being clueless about what is actually going on down on the ice. Has nothing to do with a change in play style. And there is no justification for it. Zero.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
... it's not. It's an owner being clueless about what is actually going on down on the ice. Has nothing to do with a change in play style. And there is no justification for it. Zero.
and the owners may think it is....

for me i really don't give a f*** .... it has nothing to do with the Bhawks.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The owner is a moron if he thinks that was justified, and so is anyone who agrees.
Then why are you discussing it?
it is a sports forum. discussion are welcome.

ref the owners mentality, i believe there is a reason for this outburst. we the fans will never know why or what it is. it could be as simple of the owners trying to affect his value. why who knows. this may not even be the right answer.....

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No. Lol. There is no justifying the owner doing what he did. It was ****ing idiotic.

The only defense would be him trying to call them out and spark a fire under their ass.... but man he went way overboard and all wrong about it.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The only defense would be him trying to call them out and spark a fire under their ass.... but man he went way overboard and all wrong about it.
that is my main point i was trying to imply..... yeah i went about it the wrong way.....

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Stars CEO’s ire should be directed at GM, not Benn, Seguin

Pretty good article on the Benn/Seguin stuff .

When Seguin and Benn are on the ice this season during 5-on-5 play the Stars are outscoring their opponents by a 24-11 margin. They are controlling 52 percent of the shot attempts. More than 53 percent of the scoring chances. More than 58 percent of the high-danger chances. When you add Radulov to that line it becomes even more dominant.
When neither Seguin or Benn is on the ice, the Stars have been outscored 34-48. Their shot attempt share drops down to 45 percent and their scoring chance and high-danger scoring chance shares drop down to below 47 percent.

This is your deepest and most talented team? No, sir. That is a freaking lottery team.

How can you absolve your GM (Jim Nill) of any responsibility in that mess?

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Someone should tell JD that his friend Brady "Stan should be fired if we draft him" Tkachuk has 18 points and is a +4 in 27 games so far this season. That dude is so delusional when it comes to talent because all he looks at is numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany