Around the League XXI: Playoffs & New Coaches Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You're not going to beat Henrik Lundqvist with 25 shots most nights.

If the Hawks and the Rangers do match up, the Blackhawks absolutely cannot fall into the trap of over-passing and trying to set up the 'perfect' shot. They need to pour on shots from everywhere and crash the net for rebounds.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Rangers Hawks would be a ratings bonanza but I'd rather play the bolts it'd be alot more exciting to watch and allow the Hawks to play their style.

Ignoring the entertainment value, I'd very much prefer to play the Rangers.

I'm pretty convinced Hawks will score against anybody. They've had no trouble scoring against Quick/Rask/Rinne/Luongo/Dubnyk/whatever goalie in the playoffs (with the lone exception being Mike freaking Smith, sadly) IMO the only way to beat this Hawks team is to out-gun them. Bolts are much more capable of doing that than the Rags.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Dear god, that Hayes-Brassard-Nash line was dominant.

If Nash ever learns how to score in the playoffs, they are going to be a serious problem for the Rangers opponents moving forward.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
You're not going to beat Henrik Lundqvist with 25 shots most nights.

If the Hawks and the Rangers do match up, the Blackhawks absolutely cannot fall into the trap of over-passing and trying to set up the 'perfect' shot. They need to pour on shots from everywhere and crash the net for rebounds.

lol i was just going to post this..but your right JD what you said, any team with that quantity of shots are really going to make it easier for Lundqvist. Despite this yeah the Rangers really are not tearing up the scoreboard themselves so i guess it's up to them to keep their shots against number in that range and they have a better chance of winning with the style they are playing.

Kind of rope a dope.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Watching the constant player movement AND puck movement on the Lightning PP makes me a little depressed.

Well if they were smart Q, Kitch & Dineen better be watching and damn well take note, getting tired of this old adage "well if our PK is fine our PP isn't really all that important"

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Khayes is a beast. I hate that he didn't sign with us but he's going to be real good. Losing this guy will haunt us for a long time. I was dead wrong about him as a prospect too. I thought he was a product of Gaudreau and didn't think he was going to be anything special, maybe 3rd line center at best if everything works out for him.

It's funny that out of all the guys Hawks have tried/hoped for 2C spot, Khayes might have been the answer.

I hear ya and now some on the main board are complaining because Stan got Panarin and possibly Reilly and that were spoiled, well they forgot about Khayes so maybe it eases the pain a tiny bit.

Khayes situation is out of Stan's hands now but as you said JD and others it's a good lesson well learned for all Hawks management.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I hear ya and now some on the main board are complaining because Stan got Panarin and possibly Reilly and that were spoiled, well they forgot about Khayes so maybe it eases the pain a tiny bit.

Khayes situation is out of Stan's hands now but as you said JD and others it's a good lesson well learned for all Hawks management.

What lesson have they learned? They tried to sign Hayes - and I've heard nothing to suggest the reason he went elsewhere was because of an undesirable contract offer. I won't criticize him for the choice he made - but having said that, I don't know what Hawks management could have done differently under the circumstances.

There is a lot of talent on the main-team roster; and a lot of depth in the system. While this might turn some draftees off, it's not a bad thing for the team itself.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
What lesson have they learned? They tried to sign Hayes - and I've heard nothing to suggest the reason he went elsewhere was because of an undesirable contract offer. I won't criticize him for the choice he made - but having said that, I don't know what Hawks management could have done differently under the circumstances.

There is a lot of talent on the main-team roster; and a lot of depth in the system. While this might turn some draftees off, it's not a bad thing for the team itself.

Don't know how to answer the Khayes deal....but Stan got Panarin so we'll see how he does, sounds like he may be of quality or similar or better skills then Kevin, again time will tell.

Maybe Stan can get a couple more like him in the no so distant future, can never have too many.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
CFAD-u1WIAEqkfz.png

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
They're as good as gone. Glendale was the worst mistake ever. Hockey can work in the Valley but the team needs to play in downtown Phoenix or the east Valley.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
^COG wants them out, finally. They'll trigger the out-clause, but you have to wonder where they'll move to, because the NHL has publicly denounced KeyArena as even a temporary solution. If Seattle is the ultimate destination, then I hope either of the SoDo or Tukwila prosposals gets greenlit sooner rather than later.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Flyers name UND coach Dave Hakstol as their new head coach. Could have an effect on how long someone like Schmaltz wants to stay at UND I'd imagine.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Thought this might be a victory for non old boys club hiring but apparently Hakstol coached hextall's son at UND

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Holy ****, Tyler Johnson with a hatty already, 3-1 lightning. And WTF, he has 11 goals this playoffs...

And he's only 24... Lightning have a stud and a playoff performer. Him and Stamkos for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad