Around the League XXI: Playoffs & New Coaches Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Bring back the Whalers!

In all seriousness though, I've been hoping for a Seattle team, as well as the Nordiques making a return to Quebec. I will feel bad for Yotes fans when they move, but it's inevitable at this point and needs to happen. I still find Vegas getting a team kind of odd, but it seems like they have all the right pieces in place to do so.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
5 years? 2017, it's happening.

Vegas will work. People there are dying for a pro team to call their own. The sport it's in really doesn't matter, just like it didn't in Oklahoma City. People will rally behind it.

The OKC example is definitely what the NHL's hoping for. I have my doubts, but I hope I'm wrong. The last thing I want to see is a new team having trouble drawing before the end of the year, and if they get an expansion team that will likely be awful... well, that's a tough draw.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Bring back the Whalers!

In all seriousness though, I've been hoping for a Seattle team, as well as the Nordiques making a return to Quebec. I will feel bad for Yotes fans when they move, but it's inevitable at this point and needs to happen. I still find Vegas getting a team kind of odd, but it seems like they have all the right pieces in place to do so.

I was thinking something like this as i was reading Johnny's post......guys do you think if Vegas get's a team that they may have a good home record right off the bat?

Imagine this...every away team comes into town, what would the players and coaches rather do? play some hockey or go out with the guys and coaches gambling, drinking and clubbing...... what would you as a player rather do?

I'm not kidding, this could really spell a loss for many teams that come to this city. The players and coaches from especially the Eastern Conference figure "look hey were only coming to Vegas 1 night a season, let's have a great time!

Just wondering what you guys thought?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I think we're just going to have to get used to teams hitting a ton of posts against Bishop. His size makes players try to thread the needle, but all he's giving them is post.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Khayes is a beast. I hate that he didn't sign with us but he's going to be real good. Losing this guy will haunt us for a long time. I was dead wrong about him as a prospect too. I thought he was a product of Gaudreau and didn't think he was going to be anything special, maybe 3rd line center at best if everything works out for him.

It's funny that out of all the guys Hawks have tried/hoped for 2C spot, Khayes might have been the answer.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Khayes is a beast. I hate that he didn't sign with us but he's going to be real good. Losing this guy will haunt us for a long time. I was dead wrong about him as a prospect too. I thought he was a product of Gaudreau and didn't think he was going to be anything special, maybe 3rd line center at best if everything works out for him.

It's funny that out of all the guys Hawks have tried/hoped for 2C spot, Khayes might have been the answer.

It'll be his loss when the Hawks beat the Rangers in the SCF.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Can't win'em all.

Blackhawks made their bed with Hayes. Hopefully they learn from it.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
I wanna see him crying Kesler style after he loses in the SCF vs us. That'd be sweet payback.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Both teams in the ECF are already falling into the trap of lowering shot volume in favor of trying to set-up and pick the 'perfect' shot.

No better way to help a goalie than to reduce his workload.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Stepan scores after Kreider 'accidentally' bumps into Bishop and knocks his stick away.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Watching the constant player movement AND puck movement on the Lightning PP makes me a little depressed.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hayes with an epic play to get the assist on the Rangers goal. 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad