Around the League vol 7 - Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
got to love the never say die mentality the Blues live by, it's now a best 2 out of 3 series, both teams are playing great.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
got to love the never say die mentality the Blues live by, it's now a best 2 out of 3 series, both teams are playing great.

That third was incredible. Everyone hat played in that game needs an ice bath.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
the funny part is all the B's fan are screaming bloody murder over the officiating and I watched both game 3 and 4 the only difference was the other team was getting the calls.. the perfection line is doing more button hooks and avoiding the back of the net then nylander did the whole series against the B's they really don't want to get lined up by the blues forcheck or defense

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
the funny part is all the B's fan are screaming bloody murder over the officiating and I watched both game 3 and 4 the only difference was the other team was getting the calls.. the perfection line is doing more button hooks and avoiding the back of the net then nylander did the whole series against the B's they really don't want to get lined up by the blues forcheck or defense

Really? Three games left.....no need for refs the rest of the way.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Definitely wasn't the big bad bruins tonight.

Backed out of so many plays to avoid being hit.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Things are looking up for the Blues. They were swept in all their other Finals appearances (three straight years coming into late 60's expansion). These are their first wins in a finals series ever. It would be nice to see them and their fans get this.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Definitely wasn't the big bad bruins tonight.

Backed out of so many plays to avoid being hit.

And they made a lot of plays, but in the 3rd they had no room.

They were dishing them out, too. Hits were 45-41 for the Blues.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bruin's fans would remind you "yeah he's a rat, but he's our rat." Every team in the NHL would love to have him on their teams, just as every team hates playing against him.
As a fan, I wouldn't want him on the Leafs.

Reactions: OddyOh and willmma

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So I decided to read a couple pages of the Series Discussion thread on the main board, and it's literally nothing but bitching about officiating. Jesus christ lmao, the amount of whining from Bruins fans about the refs is unreal. They had zero issues with Chara going around punching guys in the back of the head but it's an absolute travesty that Backes got hauled down by the neck in front of the Blues net. These nitwits really do have zero self-awareness.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

marchand being marchand. nothing to see here.

I'm sorry and I know this won't be a popular opinion because it's Marchand, but he barely touched him there. Just a goalie trying to make it look like more than it was and try and get a PP.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I'm sorry and I know this won't be a popular opinion because it's Marchand, but he barely touched him there. Just a goalie trying to make it look like more than it was and try and get a PP.

Maybe he embellished. Maybe when he twisted the large goalie pad it knocked him out of balance.

In any case Marchand taking the extra foot to tap the goalie is a bitch move.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

If the play was going on he would likely get an embellishment penalty.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe he embellished. Maybe when he twisted the large goalie pad it knocked him out of balance.

In any case Marchand taking the extra foot to tap the goalie is a ***** move.

I think it’s smart , too. Do anything to get under their skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad