Around the League vol 7 - Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
In your opinion, you mean? I see him as another great find by our fearless leader Mike Babcock.

He’s a player I’d take on my team. The reigning Eastern conference champion Boston Bruins agree. Him and Coyle have looked very good together on the PK. Won a few draws and looked very efficient and effective. Almost had a SH breakaway but the puck bounced.

That 26 looks gorgeous fluttering in the wind with that black and gold. Had to order one to match with my Zaitsev Sens jersey. Took my Andy Wozniewski out of beer league rotation this year so I need a legend of equal or greater proportions to replace him.

Par Lindholm, might be that legend.

And somehow - despite all of that - the Jets had no interest in keeping him in their lineup when Ehlers (a non-PK'er btw) came back.

If you consider some dime-a-dozen scrub like Lindholm a "great find" you should probably reevaluate your standards :laugh:

Reactions: stickty111

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
And somehow - despite all of that - the Jets had no interest in keeping him in their lineup when Ehlers (a non-PK'er btw) came back.

If you consider some dime-a-dozen scrub like Lindholm a "great find" you should probably reevaluate your standards :laugh:
:laugh: So Maurice should have scratched Ehlers instead?

I think anytime you can find a free agent who provides value for less than a million dollars its a great find. You’re welcome to disagree. Not sure why you would, but ok.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
watching boston and dallas game; its pathetic what bruins get away with. all of bruins game have to be investigated by the league when it comes to reffing. it is the first game of the season to boot

Reactions: Menzinger

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Polak with a real scary injury. Stretched off the ice, wasn't moving at all. Hope hes ok.

Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’

With 12:56 left in the second period, Polak hit the boards first with his right shoulder, immediately followed by his head. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher and did not move while he laid face-down on the ice.

What local Stars fans didn't get to see was the response to the play from the commentators on NESN's Bruins broadcast.

"That looked self-induced, didn't it?," NESN's Bruins color analyst Andy Brickley said immediately after the collision.

"Has a little bit of bad hockey karma," NESN's Bruins play-by-play announcer Jack Edwards responded.

Polak was transported to a local hospital to undergo further evaluation. After the game, Stars coach Jim Montgomery said Polak had use of all his extremities.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Boston Dallas was everything I hope dies in hockey. That was not a fun game to watch.

Calgary-Colorado was the opposite. Great entertainment, lots of skill. Love it.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’

With 12:56 left in the second period, Polak hit the boards first with his right shoulder, immediately followed by his head. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher and did not move while he laid face-down on the ice.

What local Stars fans didn't get to see was the response to the play from the commentators on NESN's Bruins broadcast.

"That looked self-induced, didn't it?," NESN's Bruins color analyst Andy Brickley said immediately after the collision.

"Has a little bit of bad hockey karma," NESN's Bruins play-by-play announcer Jack Edwards responded.

Polak was transported to a local hospital to undergo further evaluation. After the game, Stars coach Jim Montgomery said Polak had use of all his extremities.

What a f***ing prick. Always hated this guy, such a big homer but this is some new level of being a dick, even for him.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
What a ****ing prick. Always hated this guy, such a big homer but this is some new level of being a dick, even for him.

I mean no one can really be surprised, remember this is the same guy that complained play was stopped for an injured Leaf because he didn't have a bone sticking out.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I have tremendous respect for the Bruin players that sent best wishes. All class. As for Jack Edwards, to say Roman’s injury was “bad hockey karma” while he was laying on motionless on the ice, you are truly a piece of shit and an absolute disgrace. <a href="Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’">Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’</a></p>&mdash; Allan Walsh (@walsha) <a href="">October 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I have tremendous respect for the Bruin players that sent best wishes. All class. As for Jack Edwards, to say Roman’s injury was “bad hockey karma” while he was laying on motionless on the ice, you are truly a piece of **** and an absolute disgrace. <a href="Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’">Bruins announcer calls Stars defenseman Roman Polak’s dangerous collision into boards ‘bad hockey karma’</a></p>&mdash; Allan Walsh (@walsha) <a href="">October 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Allan Walsh doesn't hold back. Didn't he also give it to JR last week?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Jack Edwards, Boston fans and the Boston Bruins are a match made in scumbag heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->