Around the League VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
For games 3-6....I'd think about it. Cloutier was a freaking disaster in the post-season 2002 and 2003.

i give cloutier some slack because we were never deep enough anyway. it's like dallas today. hard to get too caught up on individual performances when the sum of all the parts is going nowhere.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
an easy team to pull for. Not that i think the leafs will advance (or cheer for it to happen), if they did and CBJ did too, TML vs NYI would be un****ingbelievable
In the conference finals it would he amazing to watch, disgusting to hear about the leafs coverage for weeks and weeks if they made it that far in the playoffs

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not that the zenith ofthe WCE days were a cup contending team but Cloutier was the Achilles heel on that team.

maybe, but to me the achilles heel was matt cooke being the fourth highest scoring forward when the wce line peaked (and to a lesser extent morrison being the third). it was a team easy to game plan against and that other teams believed they could beat in a series.

if the sedins had broken through a year or two earlier, or bertuzzi hadn't lost his mind, different story maybe.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
maybe, but to me the achilles heel was matt cooke being the fourth highest scoring forward when the wce line peaked (and to a lesser extent morrison being the third). it was a team easy to game plan against and that other teams believed they could beat in a series.

if the sedins had broken through a year or two earlier, or bertuzzi hadn't lost his mind, different story maybe.
That's fair, yes it is easier to plan against a one line team (though at their peak, two of them were pretty much elite/franchise type players with Mo doing all the **** work on the line).

Still we had a Blueline that helped in the attack with Jovo putting up 40+ points (and some muscle), Sopel and Salo putting up 30+ points; with premiere shutdown D Ohlund recording 29 points.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I wonder how reversed the mentality of the two fanbases would be if Vancouver had won in 2011..

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
When you act like you don't have an agenda against the canucks, but can't control it.

Thoughts on Gudbranson while he was with FLA -
GDT: - ECSF: Game 4 :Pt 2
Thoughts on Gudbranson right after he is dealt to the Canucks -
Erik Gudbranson vs Adam Larsson
Thoughts on Gudbranson while he's with the Canucks -
OT: - Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs
Thoughts on Gudbranson when he plays for your team, the Penguins -
Post-Game Talk: - Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Memes

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
When you act like you don't have an agenda against the canucks, but can't control it.

Post-Game Talk: - Islanders 4, Penguins 1 - Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

Memes
That guy is a complete clown. You can’t take anything he says about the Canucks seriously, he’s dumb as f***.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

Memes

Wow, unreal...

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
988377E1-8FD9-4B79-BC5F-1D566584ECEC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad