Around the League VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If I'm the Tampa GM...I sell Stamkos, Gourde and Sergechev.

Awful performances the past 2 games. Gourde just sucks, legit mailed it in after signing the extention.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Aaaaaand Binnington finally lets in a bad one

Never mind, thought the back handed went straight in

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
I really dont think the Jets have the goaltending to sustain a playoff run, your goalie doesnt have to be amazing (it certainly helps of course) but I just dont see the consistency out of Hellebuyck to make me think he can manage to hold them into a close fought series...

I wouldn't mind being wrong but just don't see it on this one.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They'll be forced to make moves soon enough. May as well shuffle the deck as their stars have vanished their past 6 playoff games.
The drawback of having a favourable tax situation is that it only benefits the player if they are still on that team. The only other places that have the same benefits as TB would be FLA, Dal, LV, and possibly Nash.

So, anyone who factored that in and took a lower cap isn’t going to waive and take a pay cut.

Stamkos isn’t going anywhere.
Johnson, Palat have full ntc until July 2021. killorn until July 2020. Gourde kicks in on July 1.

So some guys can’t be moved.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Columbus dominated this game, but all this really tells us is that 1) Columbus is better than their record, which we knew, 2) that they loaded up at the deadline, which we knew, and that 3) playing without the reigning Art Ross and Norris trophy winners makes your team worse. Which we probably knew.

Also, it helps when your terrible power play is suddenly, impossibly red hot. Who knew?

Reactions: Pip

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Columbus dominated this game, but all this really tells us is that 1) Columbus is better than their record, which we knew, 2) that they loaded up at the deadline, which we knew, and that 3) playing without the reigning Art Ross and Norris trophy winners makes your team worse. Which we probably knew.

Also, it helps when your terrible power play is suddenly, impossibly red hot. Who knew?

any decent playoff team, which CBJ is, can win 3 in row, even 4 in a row. Even good to great teams can lose a few in a row as Tampa are doing. Teams do these sorts of runs all the time. Even a terrible team like Buffalo went on a huge winning streak during the season. The worrying thing for Tampa is not that they are losing but that they don't look good in these games.

Reactions: vanuck and wetcoast

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006

playoff hockey is a different animal; finesse doesn't get you so far.....and unbalanced teams get exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad