Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yup.

A two-way #1 center for two bad 30+ bottom-6 forwards on bad contracts, a meh young player who projects as another bottom-6 forward, and a #1 pick that will have been around #18-20 overall.

Another big bonus for STL is that $20MM of the deal was paid out in the two seasons just prior to acquiring him, so in actual $ it's 8.5MM this year then a reasonable $6MM/year for remaining 4.

Reactions: MS

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
wild falling apart. Canucks has a slim chance on playoffs

If they sell off at the deadline and fall out of the race, the Canucks could primed to nab that spot if they're able to get healthy, whoever gets that spot could have a hilariously low point total.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I will consider Dean Lombardi if we need a new one

His problem in LA is that he was too attached to the old guards after two cups, but he sure the hell knows how to build a contender,
i agree. I've had some good arguments about this when they were piling on him after the Voynov debacle.
SJ and LA were built by schrewd moves from Lombardi

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I don't see the NYI going very far in the playoffs as they are already playing playoff hockey and can't really score their way out to deeper rounds...much like Nashville.
Especially if they win the division and Pittsburgh picks up the FIRST wild card spot. That means the Pens which would be a TOUGH 1st round opponent

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If they sell off at the deadline and fall out of the race, the Canucks could primed to nab that spot if they're able to get healthy, whoever gets that spot could have a hilariously low point total.

The Ducks won quite convincingly tonight and now have 55 points in 59 games, are they too far back?

They also play other teams in the race in 5 of their 6 next games so they control their own fate.

4 of our next 5 games are against teams in that race as well.

we only have 3 more games against teams in the race for the next of the year so we need to make the most of it and specifically not give away loser points.

I think by the end of this month we will have a clearer picture...or an even murker one as I never saw the Ducks and Hawks getting back into the race.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
There's no"illusion of progress". Regardless of where this team sits in the standings, you have to be able to see progress on the ice. It's been painful, but they're on the upswing.

Fair point. I should have written "the illusion of more progress than they've actually made".

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The Ducks won quite convincingly tonight and now have 55 points in 59 games, are they too far back?

They also play other teams in the race in 5 of their 6 next games so they control their own fate.

we only have 3 more games against teams in the race for the next of the year so we need to make the most of it and specifically not give away loser points.

I think by the end of this month we will have a clearer picture...or an even murker one as I never saw the Ducks and Hawks getting back into the race.

No one is truly out of it, it's all big one pile of poop.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
lmao I completely forgot he moved Caggiula for Manning

man what a run Chia had

Well the best part is, it was a horrible trade yes but on top of everything you throw in the unforced error of the history of Manning and McDavid, your best player.

On the Oilers board they are even wondering aloud thet fix was in and he did a nice deal for his buddy cause he saw he was on the way out.

Reactions: Ryp37

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Well the best part is, it was a horrible trade yes but on top of everything you throw in the unforced error of the history of Manning and McDavid, your best player.

On the Oilers board they are even wondering aloud thet fix was in and he did a nice deal for his buddy cause he saw he was on the way out.
The best part of that trade for me was Chia facing the media and saying how they're "not sexy" players. What a joke. There's no way this fraud is getting another chance to be a GM.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

It's being called a turtle derby for a reason. None of the 7-last place teams in the west would even really be in the conversation in the east. And if we talking last year they wouldn't be in the conversation in the west or east.

So do the Ducks have a chance? Absolutely but it's an outside chance. It's hard to make up 5-6 points at this time over year. That requires 3 more wins than that wildcard team. So that wildcard team goes , say, 11-11 over the last 22. That requires the ducks to go the equivalent 14-8....that's a damn good record (and assumes no one else goes on a run).

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The Manning trade was really really weird because that franchise has such an obsession with culture. You'd think part of creating that culture would entail not bringing in the guy who broke your captain's collarbone accidentally on purpose.

Or:

Oh hell I'd watch that.

Kassian beating Gagner into a bloody pulp, Manning standing on McDavid's neck til he passes out, while the two high fiving each other?

I'd watch that all day long.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Scary news, this guy still under overpaid contract for next year too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad