Around the League VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
It’s absolutely mindboggling that Edmonton passed on Debrincat - who had been McDavid’s junior linemate - with the #32 overall pick in 2016.

I know this sounds crazy but I low key wanted him with our 5th overall pick. If I was the GM I would have traded down and snagged him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Wild just traded Coyle to Bruins, rumored for Ryan Ronato and a 5th round pick.

Why would the Wild do this to themselves...

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
We may have the worst group D group in the NHL but the Ducks will take the cake with the worst group of 30 + contracts period.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
We may have the worst group D group in the NHL but the Ducks will take the cake with the worst group of 30 + contracts period.

?

They’re in great shape cap-wise with most of their mid-20s core locked up long term on sweetheart deals.

The Kesler deal is horrific and will probably be bought out this summer.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
It’s absolutely mindboggling that Edmonton passed on Debrincat - who had been McDavid’s junior linemate - with the #32 overall pick in 2016.

Took the literal Edmonton guy: Tyler Benson. Nice to see Benson is having a decent AHL season though.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
?

They’re in great shape cap-wise with most of their mid-20s core locked up long term on sweetheart deals.

Well I had a good reply that my phone just deleted. I meant players over 30 years old and think of the group of Henrique, Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler at their prices will be horrid after next season.

You really think they can buyout Kesler with 3 years left?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Well I had a good reply that my phone just deleted. I meant players over 30 years old and think of the group of Henrique, Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler at their prices will be horrid after next season.

You really think they can buyout Kesler with 3 years left?

They'll buy it out without a second thought. Perry and Getzlaf two years left, not a big deal. They have everyone signed who needs to be signed. They are in perfectly fine shape.

Look at LA if you want to see a horror show.

Reactions: PM and MS

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
?

You could see it coming, Anaheim gambled hard that Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler could last a few more years. Given his injuries I wonder if Kesler doesn't get another surgery followed by LTIRetirement rather than a buyout.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
What happened to Ryan Donato? He was the talk of HFBoards a year ago.

While we're at it, what happened to Clayton Keller? Did he die?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Benson was a solid pick at 32 actually.

There was a reason Debrincat fell to 39, hindsight is kid of 20/20 here.

I mean if the Canucks had kept their pick do you think that they would have taken him?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
RE: Debrincat

Hey, you know that guy who put up a 100-point D-1 and D-0, the latter of which was done without Connor McDavid?

He's... he's short. Let's skip him lol

Dylan Strome?

And do you how many little snipers never make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad