Around the League Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Yeah, that’s some damning stuff on Evander Kane, but I feel like it’s been known he’s a garbage human being for quite some time. Can’t say I’m totally shocked.

But vadim really cut to the quick on this one. The NHL’s reaction to this vs. Their reaction to the Chicago situation is disgusting.
Always follow the money...

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Evander is scum, always has and always will be.

Reaves is laughing his ass off right now at this clown.

Not that I disagree with the first part, but what does Reaves have to do with this? He's barely holding on in the league now. The only reason I could think of for the Rangers to want him is to be a bodyguard for Kakko and Lafeniere? Puzzling all around.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not that I disagree with the first part, but what does Reaves have to do with this? He's barely holding on in the league now. The only reason I could think of for the Rangers to want him is to be a bodyguard for Kakko and Lafeniere? Puzzling all around.

They had a pretty public beef on and off the ice a couple of seasons ago in the post season. Kane took some shots at Reaves’ relevance and his role. Reaves may act like a punk sometimes, but Kane is an actual garbage human being.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
best defensive forwards in the league which adds value to his salary.
I'm sorry, but can i get stats for this? Please explain how a at best number 3 center who wasn't even worth a protection slot on a non playoff team "one of the best defensive forwards in the league". You cant just say this statement and not qualify it with proof. Especially when your talking about how much he does or does not deserve for a contract.

4th line culture

Jan 11, 2020
I'm sorry, but can i get stats for this? Please explain how a at best number 3 center who wasn't even worth a protection slot on a non playoff team "one of the best defensive forwards in the league". You cant just say this statement and not qualify it with proof. Especially when your talking about how much he does or does not deserve for a contract.

Benning traded for him, that's all he needs to know

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
EV_Defence_WAR.png

Defense-GAR.png

He actually was pretty good defensively last year still would not pay him more than 2.5 (2.25*3 would be what I would like). Also, sidenote Joe Pavelski might be one of the best UFA signings of the last decade.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I liked Kane back then, since he did something that everyone in the league wanted to do - beating the ever loving PISS out of Matt Cook.

Since then it's been almost nothing but downhill for him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like Calgary takes a step back this year... I literally don't understand how some standing predictions have both the Flames and Seattle so high. What am I missing?

Flames had some guys with down years could easily bounce back, Seattle is great on the back end but will have huge problems scoring goals.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
As their rosters are currently composed, Calgary, LA, Edmonton, Vancouver and Seattle should all be at or around the playoff bubble. One team from that list will have a hot season and sit comfortably in second place, and one team will have a bad early stretch and be behind the pack.

If Edmonton brings in competent goaltending, they should be ahead of the pack.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Flames had some guys with down years could easily bounce back, Seattle is great on the back end but will have huge problems scoring goals.
Define "great" Seattle defense? They do not have have a 1st pairing defenseman. They have a good 3rd pairing whoever is on it. They have balance in that all the d men our all of similiar value. They are an average nhl dcore with a below average forward group. None of these d men were top d men on former teams. That is why they were exposed. At best they were the 4th best of eligible dmen on their previous team.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
It’s a pretty wild claim to throw out there that your husband is throwing pro hockey games- how do you even do that?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nice pickup for them. He'll put up a ton of points playing in that top 6.
I see Ritchie as a similar player to Virtanen. Not in terms of playing style but in terms of consistency and conditioning. Either of them can be effective in the top 6 playing with star players but ideally both should be well down the lineup.

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
I see Calgary and LA being much better this season. Edmonton will still be tough. The rest of the division I have no idea, but...

Phoenix and San Jose will be crap probably. Vegas easily wins the division.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Define "great" Seattle defense? They do not have have a 1st pairing defenseman. They have a good 3rd pairing whoever is on it. They have balance in that all the d men our all of similiar value. They are an average nhl dcore with a below average forward group. None of these d men were top d men on former teams. That is why they were exposed. At best they were the 4th best of eligible dmen on their previous team.

Gio is still hands down a first pairing Dman.

I also think they have a good overall blend in their top 4, good size in their top 6 then a still decent developing guy in Cholowski.

Other than a sure fire PPQB (which Gio can still provide for now) they have a really solid back end but perhaps you are right "great" might have been an overstatement.

Larsson also played top pairing MPG for the Oilers at ES and Oleksiak was pretty close too.

Gio was Calgary's top Dman last year, they exposed him on a gamble much like Montreal did with Price and lost.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It’s a pretty wild claim to throw out there that your husband is throwing pro hockey games- how do you even do that?

I can definitely see an avenue for her to know about that sort of thing. Pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad