Around the League Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Yikes…. Things are getting ugly in Buffalo. Feel bad for their fans, probably the one other franchise that is run worse than we are

Reactions: LordBacon

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I feel like Calgary takes a step back this year... I literally don't understand how some standing predictions have both the Flames and Seattle so high. What am I missing?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I feel like Calgary takes a step back this year... I literally don't understand how some standing predictions have both the Flames and Seattle so high. What am I missing?

Dem fancy stast say so

Reactions: BWJM

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Over tbh

Calgary not making the playoffs either with the current roster but I doubt theyre done just yet. Not that treliving knows what he's doing anymore than dimjim.
I would say rebuild is obvious but they signed Markstrom, Tanev and Coleman to win now. They are the 2015 Canucks plus Thachuk. On paper they look ok but their players have peaked and there is no push coming soon, they need to go through pain.

Reactions: ugghhh

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yikes…. Things are getting ugly in Buffalo. Feel bad for their fans, probably the one other franchise that is run worse than we are
We're right up there with them IMO. Or down there, rather...

Reactions: racerjoe

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I would say rebuild is obvious but they signed Markstrom, Tanev and Coleman to win now. They are the 2015 Canucks plus Thachuk. On paper they look ok but their players have peaked and there is no push coming soon, they need to go through pain.

Yeah I feel like they're on the verge of crashing hard... poor Tanev & Markstrom... they should have went elsewhere. :laugh:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The Flames have actually drafted decently. They would have been better off retooling last year but they went into a win now mode instead. Now I think they are stuck in a no-man's land. Monahan and Gaudreau have proven incapable of leading them anywhere yet Gauderea is a pending UFA that needs to be extended. Tkachuk doesn't seem all that into staying. On D they have a decent top 4 but what they need is a Norris calibre Giordano. Seems like Flames fans are banking on Sutter's coaching.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Tuch is out for 6 months with shoulder surgery. Solves their cap issues short-term, but the centre position is still underwhelming over there. They are the new Sharks, finding a way to lose in playoffs.

Last edited:

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
....and still whooped our ass lol

I throw out anything that happened after the team got walloped by COVID. They would have had trouble climbing stairs for a while, let alone competing in pro hockey. That craters your stamina for weeks.

Calgary doesn't have that excuse. They needed to rebuild this offseason, not go back in with the same old. Even Flames fans are wondering what is going on.

As for Seattle, as mentioned before, Francis played his hand way too conservatively and they are going to be losing a lot of 2-0, 2-1, 3-0, 3-1 games... That will be their modus operandi. Take a 1-0 or 2-0 lead on them, then sit back and dump the puck all game and clog up the middle of the ice. They have no one at all who can distribute the puck and it will be even worse in the first month or so with Gourde out. Bury them early and they will be offloading their D depth at the deadline.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Would be funny if Buffalo landed Wright and then the next year landed one of Bedard/Michkov from 4th or 5th place via lottery win to go along with their two 1st overalls on defense.

All the changes from the lottery just to have it get Oilered on the generational draft again.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Flames have actually drafted decently. They would have been better off retooling last year but they went into a win now mode instead. Now I think they are stuck in a no-man's land. Monahan and Gaudreau have proven incapable of leading them anywhere yet Gauderea is a pending UFA that needs to be extended. Tkachuk doesn't seem all that into staying. On D they have a decent top 4 but what they need is a Norris calibre Giordano. Seems like Flames fans are banking on Sutter's coaching.
I'm really surprised at how little GM Treliving has done....rearranged the deckchairs a bit..thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad