Around the League Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They are the LA Chargers of the NHL. On paper it should be way better, but something is just wrong every year, and I think a real major shake up would be in order.

Friedman and Marek disagreed on their podcast what to do, Marek thinks they need to trade for a goalie and Freidman says they need to play a more defensive style.

I feel like if this were the 90's maybe they would have traded Leon by now, but it is unlikely in modern times.

mother-of-god.gif

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Don’t ask me why I’m just noticing this, but why the F did the ducks retire Niedermeyers number? Wasn’t he only with them for like 4 seasons…?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Watching the Avs-Ducks and it was fun seeing a scrum with Drysdale and Makar getting involved. A couple of young puck movers not afraid to get their noses dirty

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Don’t ask me why I’m just noticing this, but why the F did the ducks retire Niedermeyers number? Wasn’t he only with them for like 4 seasons…?

He also was a coach for the junior Ducks and part of the development team after retiring.

Probably has a lot of community ties.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004

I think you are confused. They retired Scott's not Rob's. Scott was the legend.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

MAF's name has been out there. But If that's true, they should get some pretty good offers for DeBrincat, Dach and Kubalik. Then there is Strome, Murphy and a few others.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
It's surprising that Dach and DeBrincat aren't on the untouchables list. You would think they'd be part of their future.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
DeBrincat would bring a hefty return and Dach hasn't done very much so far so maybe that'd be why they are available but yeah, that seems like a very open list of availables. Another point on Dach is they did deal the guy they used their first round pick on the year before Dach this summer (Boqvist) so maybe the type of deal they are looking at is something similar (Dach+ for an elite forward).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would imagine they're just putting feelers out on everything. Doesn't hurt to try. Maybe someone sees Debrincat as the missing piece and gives up a kings ransom, who knows.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Well if we lose at least we're not getting shutout 5 zip and have the 2 best players in the world on the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad