Around the League Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The Buch trade never made sense to me once I seen what he signed for. The guys upside is huge and he just had a career year.

Made sense long term, the Rangers knew that Zibanejad, Fox, and Kakko would need new contracts after the season (and Lafreniere in a couple summers). It'd be tough to give Buchnevich an extension without painting themselves into a corner with the cap. Fox in particular is probably looking at that Cale Makar contract next summer.

I suppose they could have given Buchnevich a one year deal that walked him to UFA, but they figured they could get draft picks and replace him internally with Kravtsov (and open up PP time for Kakko/Lafreniere).

Reactions: Lt Dan

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Rangers were labeling him as untouchable. Womp womp.

Every fan base does it.....but I suppose it's always fun to pick on a rival. I joined the old HF way back in 1997 and got more active with posting as I learned more about prospects thanks to that new fangled internet. Circa 1999/2000, I posted something about having doubts about the Rangers heralded trio of Manny Malhotra, Pavel Brendl, and Jamie Lundmark. Even in the moment, many others questioned whether Malhotra had offensive upside or if Brendl was a lazy cherry picker. But that was my first instance of getting hate mail from a Rangers fan who claimed that I was simply jealous. A few years later, the Rangers dealt Malhotra/Brendl and Lundmark wasn't able to become a regular. At that point, I decided to finally respond to the guy's email reaffirming that it wasn't jealousy on my part. He responded with several expletives. I wish I hadn't deleted it, definitely some fun times there.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I did enjoy that six hours when Lehtonen was rumored to sign with the Devils, the Rangers, and finally the Leafs. Lots of fans were gloating about signing a guy most hadn't heard of a day beforehand.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Dude Barry Melrose looks and sounds awful.

Love having the game back on ESPN though.

You could tell Melrose was trying his hardest to get in a word every chance he could but hey buddy you're chump change when 2 legends are more important than him.

Pretty cool though to see Messier and Chelios on together. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad