Around the League Thread Part III: Free Agent Frenzy Hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
that's a disgrace, no wonder Eichel wants out.

From an interview he did (referenced in the article below) from a podcast

Ex-Sabres goalie Robin Lehner alleges team medical staff mishandled his injury, others

“The (stuff) they did to some of the players when I was there and especially to me regarding my ankle sprain, it was crazy, man," Lehner told former NHLer Cam Janssen and St. Louis Blues rinkside reporter Andy Strickland on their "The Cam and Strick Podcast." "I had a high ankle sprain. They had me on a bike one week after I had fully torn everything, worst-grade ankle sprain. One week after (the injury), they put me on a bike with a special boot. I should have been walking on it maybe six-to-eight weeks after I got it. They had me doing leg presses with like 300 pounds three weeks into it, and I re-sprained everything and ended up having surgery.”

According to ManGamesLost.com, the Sabres have the third-most injuries in the NHL since the start of the 2010-11 season. Some of their top players have been slowed by high-ankle sprains in recent seasons, including goalie Linus Ullmark and winger Victor Olofsson.

And people said I was crazy because I don't trust the Sabres and I'm fully on Eichel's side. What a train wreck of an organization.

Reactions: YP44

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Does anyone want to bet if Kane is a Shark next year?

49678777.jpg

But, I'm gonna' die on this hill: I still say Kane at least STARTS this coming season as a Shark. Does this site do vCash or some other nonsense like that? I'm in for $10 (hey that rhymes, or something...)

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Nope. Completely ignored people who pointed it out.

Was it? I honestly don't remember. They're both pretty transparent and I get them mixed up.

Greg Wysh makes sense. He’s a Devils fan. He cutoff Quick’s insane playoffs in the graphic because it finished off the Devils. He’s a pundit, not a journalist, he picks sides.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Sabres fans. I believe he's having these neck problems BECAUSE the Sabres mismanaged his treatment, they disagree. We're talking about 2 different things though.
Ah gotcha. Yeah it's unfortunate that he's where he's at now but regardless if you believe Buffalo or you believe Eichel, at the end of the day the dude is getting some kind of neck surgery. Not sure anyone is lining up to trade for that.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The Sharks situation sounds sad.....sucks for them! The only thing they have to look forward towards is Eklund.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Along that same note, Yannetti now feels like the restraints are taken off. He was able to execute his plan last draft to a T. It's like he felt liberated on being able to move up on numerous targeted picks and go the quality vs quantity route.

Talk about a new love for your job... dude's sex life probably increased tenfold.
It was very clear he was saying that Blake is great to work for. Gives leadership, but trusts his team of people.

Reactions: Steve Zissou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad