Around the League Thread | Meaningful Games in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Here I'll show you. IMO it's incredibly easy to shit on him because as a person he's a complete loser - not in the win/loss sense, but in the human being sense. He whines constantly, is incredibly arrogant, and has one of the fakest tough-guy persona's I've ever seen in the NHL.

He got hot and won the cup, yes.. But the guy is a f***in douchebag.
These are professional hockey players. If you think behaviour they would have an opportunity to display on the ice is a meaningful proportion of their flaws as people, I encourage you to meet a few of them.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
You take still shit on him.
I don't think that's a good idea unless he's really drunk or something

Willie Mitchell won two cups, though, so you can't really knock the guy.
Totally agree, and I just want to thank you for representing the gist of what I said so accurately when you could have just as easily pretended I was saying something else.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Random and deep are how I like my sexual encounters.
Yes, we know.

How the hell are the Preds doing what they are doing with their line up.
1711601791134.png

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
The 2019 St Louis team is why I can never quite get behind shitting on Binnington no matter what he does. He led a team to a Stanley Cup, the pinnacle of all possible achievement in this sport. It rings a bit hollow making fun of him for letting in a couple of bad goals or losing his composure after that.

He just simply displays a poor character and is not someone that you could call a "class act". When you had players like the Sedins to follow all these years to see what class act hockey players are, it really does make the rotten players easier to pick out. If you don't value those things, or if you think a championship negates Binnington's on ice antics, then that's your opinion and free to have.

As for others, I think it's fair to say people see him in a different light, being a douchebag and a whiner with his fake punches and stick swinging.

A goalie's consistency throughout a career is what I always valued. The greats like Luongo, Lundqvist, Price, etc. Binnington had a hot run one season and it took him to the cup. Congrats to him, it doesn't take anything away that he has a championship in his resume, as opposed to the other 3 goalies I just listed. But he also shit the bed the next season. And he's been inconsistent over his short career.

There's just a lot of other goalies in the league that aren't giving as much of a reason to shit on compared to Binny. He just makes it easy and fun.

Reactions: BimJenning

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Here I'll show you. IMO it's incredibly easy to shit on him because as a person he's a complete loser - not in the win/loss sense, but in the human being sense. He whines constantly, is incredibly arrogant, and has one of the fakest tough-guy persona's I've ever seen in the NHL.

He got hot and won the cup, yes.. But the guy is a f***in douchebag.
Seems like a pretty big assumption.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Flyers getting both of their goalies out of Russia today. Fedotov's contract has been unexpected terminated and Friedman reporting that the Flyers had been quietly working behind the scenes to arrange for him to come over. They also signed Alexei Kolosov to an ELC yesterday.

Looks like Fedotov will join the Flyers right away while Kolosov will report to the AHL. Fedotov is 27 years old and Kolosov is 22.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Obviously, Mark Jankowski. 6 points in last 5 games with the Preds. Jay Feaster has been crying nonstop the past week, witnessing his greatest protege become part of history.
That draft is so weird. The top 4 are terrible (although I will cut Murray some slack). The guys picked 11-20 are as good as the guys picked 1-10 with the forwards being way better.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Flyers getting both of their goalies out of Russia today. Fedotov's contract has been unexpected terminated and Friedman reporting that the Flyers had been quietly working behind the scenes to arrange for him to come over. They also signed Alexei Kolosov to an ELC yesterday.

Looks like Fedotov will join the Flyers right away while Kolosov will report to the AHL. Fedotov is 27 years old and Kolosov is 22.

Perfect timing with Carter Hart awaiting trial (and RFA this offseason).

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
spotted at an art gallery in edmonton (well actually came across it on IG)

a very serious and important, and human, statement so i don’t want to make light of this. but part of me is also chuckling imagining that this might take on a different unintended meaning in a couple weeks.

lmao, i have one of these. did not even think about the potential secondary message, thank you.

jokes aside, using the oilers logo is very intentional as it relates to this: Katz Group and Edmonton’s Boyle Street in legal dispute over $5M donation pledge - Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

• Love
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Things that would have dropped my jaw 12 years ago but doesn’t now - there is only one starting goalie in the whole league at .920 or higher. That is Hellebuyck at exactly .920.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Mcdavid only 2 points off the NHL lead with 2 games in hand. He was trailing Ilya Mikheyev at one point during the season. Guess we'll find out the answer of if Mcdavid spotted the rest of the league a month could he still win the Art Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad