Around the League Thread | Meaningful Games in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Mcdavid only 2 points off the NHL lead with 2 games in hand. He was trailing Ilya Mikheyev at one point during the season. Guess we'll find out the answer of if Mcdavid spotted the rest of the league a month could he still win the Art Ross

If McDavid wins the scoring race this will be the most impressive Hart he's won so far, which is astounding because he's already blown past the stratosphere twice (100 points in the bubble and 150 points/60 goal retribution last year).

MacKinnon's resume is the weakest out of the the three, but he might win because he's "due" and its easier to vote for a Canadian than a Russian. He plays with the strongest linemates out of the three.. He also doesn't have a significant stat on his resume now that his home point streak is gone. McDavid has 100 assists and Kucherov has 43 more points than his next teammate, while both are in on a higher % of their team's goals. The one advantage that could be given to him over McDavid is he could credit for being good for all 82 games, while McDavid was an average NHL top-6 forward for 20 games. But that doesn't get him an advantage over Kucherov.

If MacKinnon wins my only explanation for it would be that he's due.

Reactions: geebster

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If McDavid wins the scoring race this will be the most impressive Hart he's won so far, which is astounding because he's already blown past the stratosphere twice (100 points in the bubble and 150 points/60 goal retribution last year).

MacKinnon's resume is the weakest out of the the three, but he might win because he's "due" and its easier to vote for a Canadian than a Russian. He plays with the strongest linemates out of the three.. He also doesn't have a significant stat on his resume now that his home point streak is gone. McDavid has 100 assists and Kucherov has 43 more points than his next teammate, while both are in on a higher % of their team's goals. The one advantage that could be given to him over McDavid is he could credit for being good for all 82 games, while McDavid was an average NHL top-6 forward for 20 games. But that doesn't get him an advantage over Kucherov.

If MacKinnon wins my only explanation for it would be that he's due.
In isolation all 3 guys are really clsoe despite selected stats and Mack is winning it this year, in part to the narrative of him being due.

Narrative matters just ask Hank Sedin and the push the Canucks brass put on with the eastern bias that year for him.

Hank was a deserving hart winner to be sure but it also was a very tight 3 guy race that year as well.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
MacKinnon got screwed the year Taylor Hall won

I think it really comes down to winning the scoring title for McDavid unless Kucherov wins it then it's MacKinnon

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Sens really do turn into an elite team after they eliminated from playoff contention. I wonder if their fans/management will fall into the same trap of putting too much stock into it again. Feel like they won’t, just like Canuck fans last year being sceptical.
I remember Sens has been like this in the last few seasons, the same as the MTL which was an "elite" team in the first month or so of the seasons. Ray Ferraro had said "Veterans playing for contracts, rookies playing for spots blah blah blah ....". I start to wonder about something to do with the schedule.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Makar takes the D lead in points. Well Tied for points but has more goals. Has another period to officially take the lead. 17p in 13g in march. 11p in 11g in march for Hughes. Hopefully Hughes has a dominant game tomorrow

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Makar takes the D lead in points. Well Tied for points but has more goals. Has another period to officially take the lead. 17p in 13g in march. 11p in 11g in march for Hughes. Hopefully Hughes has a dominant game tomorrow
At this point I’d put money on Hughes not winning the Norris as he appears to be getting surpassed.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Hughes hasn't had a big game in a while.

Norris was his to lose and he might actually be losing it...

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
hughes should still be the frontrunner for the Norris he has being playing incredible out there.

Came here to say that the Blues didn't really have a chance in catching the Kings but going donut against the sharks sure hurts.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Hughes has 8 more ES points, If our PP get going again before the end of the season Hughes will pull away.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Its funny how listening to certain commentators can make me dislike a team. If I watch Colorado games with the sound off, they're so good to watch. Their announcing clowns are freaking brutal to listen to. Even when they had that decade of just sucking balls it was miserable to listening to them, but now it's insufferable.

That team looks deadly. Screw Sakic and the city that birthed that asshat. Ruining the Canucks for decades. Yay.

ha ha

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Buffalo is the epitome of going backwards
Paid Skinner big money and he's now at 999 games played and will never have played a PO game in his career. Would play around 420 something games for Buffalo by now. The other 580 with Carolina. Kind of encapsulates what's been bad with Buffalo. Pay big for a guy who has never experienced any winning.

Probably why for Vancouver, it was not wise to acquire Ballard/OEL. Ballard in a lesser role due to what was the on roster but they needed him to be a solid 2nd pair guy and he just didn't fit. But, be wary of getting guys (to play key roles for you) who have been a part of a lot of losing with their prior club.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Its funny how listening to certain commentators can make me dislike a team. If I watch Colorado games with the sound off, they're so good to watch. Their announcing clowns are freaking brutal to listen to. Even when they had that decade of just sucking balls it was miserable to listening to them, but now it's insufferable.

That team looks deadly. Screw Sakic and the city that birthed that asshat. Ruining the Canucks for decades. Yay.

ha ha

Makes you appreciate Shorty even more. Ferraro and even Tomlinson too when you hear some of the announce teams out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad