Around the League Thread | Expansion Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
You give Hughes Literally the exact same contract that Mcavoy and Werenski got.

easy comparables
The cap hasn't changed from those percentages of the cap and are decent to contrast around

He's very likely getting paid more than that. And looking around at defencemen contracts these days...why would he accept a lowball?

As others have said, points are the primary determinant of contract value. That's really just how it is. And Quinn Hughes is one of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
He's very likely getting paid more than that. And looking around at defencemen contracts these days...why would he accept a lowball?

As others have said, points are the primary determinant of contract value. That's really just how it is. And Quinn Hughes is one of the highest-scoring defensemen in the NHL.

clearly not
considering what benning just paid for a defenseman that was outscored by Vancouver's backup goaltender.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
clearly not
considering what benning just paid for a defenseman that was outscored by Vancouver's backup goaltender.

You got me. I forgot about the "Benning is nincompoop" tax.

I'll adjust my expectations and expect Hughes to garner approximately league max at this rate.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Man, you do not want to trigger Bettman's wrath, and he seemed pissed at the Habs in that clip.

Yes, I don't think he would have minded had Logan gone in the 2nd round. I think he was more upset that he went in the 1st round during the televised draft show and showed him up. No Jackie Redmond softball interview for Logan.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
unlikely for both, Burke is getting up there in age. I can see Kyle Dubas becoming a commissioner after his stint in Toronto is over.

Shanahan is much, much more likely given his prior league experience, and is probably the guy I'd bet on as the frontrunner if it isn't Bill Daly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad