Around the League Thread | Everything Else Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
So Canucks are going to get LA/NSH/VGK first round. Pick your poison.
Nashville. I get 2009 St Louis Blue's vibes from that team. Solid team and peaking during the regular season, but their top 6 forwards are average (aside from Forsberg). I remember we were all dreading the Blues because they only lost once in their final 11 games...Playoffs are a different beast. It's why I expect Vegas to just flip the switch in April.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
sorry catching up on old conversations

How dare you insult Ryan Johansens alt account like that?! Man just wanted to come home

his mom’s account, obvs. she posted everytime she finished ironing his canucks bedsheets and pyjamas

One of my old coaches also coached RyJo and had nothing but bad things to say lol. Some players are just so talented that they can coast to a pretty solid NHL career without ever having to work for it. Apparently Lucas was the complete opposite, a great guy and worked really hard, but just didn’t have the same natural talent unfortunately.

i always felt like ryjo was what jason bonsignore would have been if he’d been 5% more talented and was drafted by an organization that wasn’t actively trying to sabotage him

Garrison was great and he had a beard way before it was cool and before every player had one.

gary was here during peak white guy plaid shirt with beard times. like homemade pomade and bikes with no gears and craft beer pop ups in mt pleasant and corner stores rebranding as old timey convenience shoppes or some shit in hastings-sunrise.

the whole city looked like the johnny canuck logo and garrison was the alpha.

who knows, would be funny if the NHL lets him own 2 teams, getting into super bush league territory.

the league’s history is basically carnies and crimebosses. i think in the gordie howe times the norris family owned half the teams and ted lindsay’s lucky he never woke up with a dead octopus on his pillow.

continuing the mob movie theme

(content warning: the N word at 1:05)

Reactions: vancityluongo

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Quite easily Nashville of those three.

absolutely not

saros is the scariest player on any of the three teams. could singlehandedly steal a series

agreed with the "can't control who you play" narrative, but if we're just speaking hypothetically on here, give me st.louis or minnesota stealing 8th, then la, followed by the 9 figures/nashville

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I think OEL has to be here, worst move of his tenure and one of the worst trades in NHL history.

Virtanen over Juolevi is a tough one but I agree with Virtanen given his propensity for SA.

i think sutter and gudbranson represent the same thing (identifying middling "high character" aka square jaw canadians with not much talent, as "foundational" players) so i'd pull one of them

oel represents the same thing as eriksson - god awful pro scouting and placing a premium on the wrong player based off of reputation

virtanen is the pinnacle of the amateur scouting blunders - an absolute brainless dick head, both on and off the ice

we're missing a pillar still; the clown show that was somehow considered a front office for a $800m organization. this could be benning himself (with an hm to chris gear), but assuming he isn't on there, there's only one other person who can be the face of the subban tampering, running out of time at the deadline, the hemorrhaging of talent (brackett, gilman, etc.), overruling scouts, terrible media relations, etc.

my final four: sutter, oel, virtanen, weisbrod

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I think OEL has to be here, worst move of his tenure and one of the worst trades in NHL history.

Virtanen over Juolevi is a tough one but I agree with Virtanen given his propensity for SA.
I'd put OEL over Sutter purely for the acquisition cost - sending away a decent second line centre and a failed reclamation project is peanuts compared to losing 9th overall and an insane amount of cap space for an old defenseman.

Reactions: Chiripa20

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

At this point, there's too many names and faces...You may as well draw up a landfill featuring Benning's crap signings and mistakes with diaper hill being OEL.

Don't worry @Jyrki21. I'm not requesting it.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
selfishly i want the canucks to meet the knights in the first round so i don't need to choose between attending knights games or watching the canucks

Reactions: quat and Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad