Around the League Thread | Everything Else Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i think sutter and gudbranson represent the same thing (identifying middling "high character" aka square jaw canadians with not much talent, as "foundational" players) so i'd pull one of them

oel represents the same thing as eriksson - god awful pro scouting and placing a premium on the wrong player based off of reputation

virtanen is the pinnacle of the amateur scouting blunders - an absolute brainless dick head, both on and off the ice

we're missing a pillar still; the clown show that was somehow considered a front office for a $800m organization. this could be benning himself (with an hm to chris gear), but assuming he isn't on there, there's only one other person who can be the face of the subban tampering, running out of time at the deadline, the hemorrhaging of talent (brackett, gilman, etc.), overruling scouts, terrible media relations, etc.

my final four: sutter, oel, virtanen, weisbrod

i think the fourth pillar is clendening

overpaying for someone else’s busting prospect when you could just wait a few months (in some cases probably a few days) and pick him up on waivers for free

vey, pedan, pou, arguably baertschi although he at least was decent before he got hurt

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Not really afraid of Vegas as much as many here. Mantha sucks. Hanifin/Petro is scary but Theodore/Whitecloud/Martinez/Hertl/Stone will be coming back from injuries. Stone with a ruptured spleen I’d be shocked even plays in the first round considering how serious that injury is and will for sure be rushed if he does play. The rest will be rusty and will take awhile to get up to speed especially playoff hockey.

Nashville I haven’t really followed at all.

LA doesn’t even concern me.

Only team that concerns me is the Avs and McDavid in beast mode.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Point and Kucherov were everywhere, seemed like they played every other shift.
Perbix absolute dog water this game.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Vegas is looking as vulnerable as they've ever been. It might not be horrible playing them in the first round as they shuffle a bunch of bodies into the lineup right in the playoffs

Reactions: Chiripa20

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
What happens if, however unlikely it may be, VGK misses playoffs? Will they be forced to move out caps?

Byram has been doing well since TDL.

And Detroit got destroyed by...Arizona??

Lots of intriguing results tonight.

Reactions: Chiripa20

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
oh yah he was terrible.

Not Gragnani bad but close.

I don't think Pouliot was terrible. He's one of those players who is a bit too slow in processing the game at NHL speeds so he's prone to some bad turnovers when pressured. He would probably be ok on a good team with good structure. Gragnani can't play D at all and you have to shelter him.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I don't think Pouliot was terrible. He's one of those players who is a bit too slow in processing the game at NHL speeds so he's prone to some bad turnovers when pressured. He would probably be ok on a good team with good structure. Gragnani can't play D at all and you have to shelter him.
Pouliot was horrible and played himself out of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille