Around the League the 13th: Deadline week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
This is why the last month of the season is such fools gold to teams outside the playoffs:

View attachment 204691

Over the last ten games, we’ve picked up one point on the Isles, lost one point to the Pens, stayed even with the Caps, and only pickup two points against the Jackets and the Habs.

Standings movement is glacial.
And that's without us playing the Game in Hand

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Tampa Bay are for real.
They scored 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd period against Boston.

Team123T
Boston Bruins1304
Tampa Bay Lightning2035
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Leafs have another great trade chip in Zach Hyman now that he’s a 20 goal scorer.

2x5bht.jpg

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ottawa loses their 2017 1st round pick Shane Bowers to Colorado.
Colorado has Ottawa's 1st pick in the 2019 Draft.
Good chance this will be the 1st pick.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The Islanders just scored twice in the final two minutes to beat the Jets, 5-4 in regulation.

It's a good thing we didn't beat the Capitals, or we'd be really mad at Paul Maurice right now.

Reactions: zman77

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, as stated in another thread we can only hope that collapse will motivate the Jets and Predators to kick ass against the Habs and Jackets Saturday night as the Central is still up for grabs.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Sabres fans are already having second thoughts about Skinner now that the honeymoon is over.

This guys is a complete negative when he isn’t scoring. I’m honestly completely fine with seeing him walk, I won’t lose sleep over it either way.

I no longer am excited about signing Skinner to a long term contract. I am tired of having a teamful of players who are overpaid and underperforming. I am tired of players who do not give a s---- and who show no fight and run and hide when the going gets tough

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I know Skinner's all around game and lack of consistency leaves a lot to be desired but he's had some bad luck in regards to being on dumpster fire teams. I know the criticism comes with making/asking for as much money as he does but if he had been on basically any of the other 29 teams at some point in his career there would probably be less criticism. Either way, Buffalo might not really have a choice but to give him what he's asking for if they want to re-sign him. It's going to take that much for him to stay with another pathetic franchise. If the Sabres try to lowball him he'll just go elsewhere.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Sabres fans are already having second thoughts about Skinner now that the honeymoon is over.
One of the best posters on our board completely demolished the stupidity of those takes. Skinner is suffering because he plays on a team with a historically bad coach with among the worst rosters in the entire league. Like, they put him on a line with Vlad Sobotka as his center. Who the f*** could possibly score goals with Sobotka as your center???

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
One of the best posters on our board completely demolished the stupidity of those takes. Skinner is suffering because he plays on a team with a historically bad coach with among the worst rosters in the entire league. Like, they put him on a line with Vlad Sobotka as his center. Who the **** could possibly score goals with Sobotka as your center???

Replace Vlad Sobotka with Derek Ryan and this easily could’ve been a post on these same boards last year. Pick a given center for a given season and use this as a template for his entire career.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Replace Vlad Sobotka with Derek Ryan and this easily could’ve been a post on these same boards last year. Pick a given center for a given season and use this as a template for his entire career.

"Oddly, it only took one phone call to sign Jeff Skinner", Penguins General Manager Jim Rutherford stated at the July 1st press conference. "We simply told him that he would exclusively play on Sidney Crosby's wing, and he offered to sign for 2 million a year. We offered him an additional million just for decency's sake, which is how we got to the 7 year, 21 million dollar number."

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Suckbotka makes Ryan look like Crosby. You have no idea just how bad he sucks, despite being our 4th most used forward he went 45 games without a goal. And our power play being an embarrassing disorganized and poorly coached mess has done wonders to suppress Jeff's scoring numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad