GDT: Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcLeaf

What happened?

Yakupov whacked the puck out of the air to win it in OT, Morris went to ref saying it was high stick, Whitney was going by and said "lol u mad bro?" Morris was indeed mad and tried to give Whitney a knuckle sandwich.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Yakupov whacked the puck out of the air to win it in OT, Morris went to ref saying it was high stick, Whitney was going by and said "lol u mad bro?" Morris was indeed mad and tried to give Whitney a knuckle sandwich.

Yea I just saw now. Yaks awesome

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
725023184.gif

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I hope you watched the game. I also hope that if you did, you watched it, instead of listening to homer Coyotes announcer.

It was nothing about Yakupov's celebration. Nothing about Yakupov actually. It was about Whitney and Morris. Yakupov just happened to be besides both of them when it happened.

So, not sure how this 'gonna become a target' thing comes in here. :huh:

Oh I did. I sitll think he was gonna become a target lol.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I love the oilers players on twitter.

Always talking to each other after games. Great to follow and read.

Wish the leafs did the same

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luongo to cox post game "Hey cox, are you here scouting for the leafs?" *Laughs*

Funny ****

Penalty Kill Icing*

Our players do go on twitter after games (only after we win I think). But they keep it limited. I too like it this way.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Senators expected 2 announce Jason Spezza will undergo surgical procedure on his back. Club doesn't considered this major surgery I'm told.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I don't get how the Sens are doing what they are doing.

Their roster is absolutely LITTERED with AHL caliber players. Daugevins? O'Brien? Condra? Greening? Boroviecki? Benoit? Regin? Even Zack Smith isn't anything to write home about. Zibinajed/Silfverberg, while promising, are very young still and nothing I'd want to rely on yet. EVERY single team has guys of equal skill/caliber all through their organization. Put these guys on the trading block and they are getting you what? 3rd/4th round picks?

Alffy is 40 for crying out loud. Phillips is a borderline top 4 dman now. Gonchar is like 38.

I look at their roster and just can't comprehend how, for the life of me, they are a "good" team. It has to be their strength down the middle. Spezza/Turris, Karlsson and Anderson have been great. Other than say 5-6 players, the rest of their roster leaves a LOT to be desired.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Their roster is absolutely LITTERED with AHL caliber players. Daugevins? O'Brien? Condra? Greening? Boroviecki? Benoit? Regin? Even Zack Smith isn't anything to write home about. Zibinajed/Silfverberg, while promising, are very young still and nothing I'd want to rely on yet. EVERY single team has guys of equal skill/caliber all through their organization. Put these guys on the trading block and they are getting you what? 3rd/4th round picks?

Alffy is 40 for crying out loud. Phillips is a borderline top 4 dman now. Gonchar is like 38.

I look at their roster and just can't comprehend how, for the life of me, they are a "good" team. It has to be their strength down the middle. Spezza/Turris, Karlsson and Anderson have been great. Other than say 5-6 players, the rest of their roster leaves a LOT to be desired.

When you have a good foundation, you can get by with AHL'ers everywhere else on the line up.

Spezza #1C
Alfie is still decent
Karlsson 22 year old Norris winner
Anderson has been FANTASTIC. He hasn't given a 2nd, 3rd or OT period goal yet. He's been that good.
and
Michalek/Turris who are off to a good start.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
When you have a good foundation, you can get by with AHL'ers everywhere else on the line up.

Spezza #1C
Alfie is still decent
Karlsson 22 year old Norris winner
Anderson has been FANTASTIC. He hasn't given a 2nd, 3rd or OT period goal yet. He's been that good.
and
Michalek/Turris who are off to a good start.

That's basically how I summed it up at the end.

It really goes to show you what a #1 C, #1D man and very good goaltending can do for you.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's basically how I summed it up at the end.

It really goes to show you what a #1 C, #1D man and very good goaltending can do for you.

Yep. The Senators have about 6-7 players that are playing really good right now and if they can continue on a bit more, they're essentially a lock for the playoffs even if they stumble later on.

Also let's not forget coaching. Paul MacLean was a great hire, at least 10 times better than Clouston.

Apr 1, 2010
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Senators expected 2 announce Jason Spezza will undergo surgical procedure on his back. Club doesn't considered this major surgery I'm told.

Ouch.

Always liked Spezza. Don't know why. But I did make my wife return the vintage Spezza jersey she got me for Christmas, and get the Ovechkin one.

Can't be having any Sens jerseys around here.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

A good goalie and franchise defender covers over a lot of issues.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Bring on the goalie controversy. Luongo starting third in a row, and against Chicago no less.

Luongo has been amazing so far this year, and cory has been "solid", I guess you ride the hot hand, but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad