GDT: Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Too bad. Always liked Luke too but JVR doesn't look too bad as a leaf so it all worked out.

Yea JVR has looked great thus far. No complaints from me.

Sucks because I was considering between a Kulemin jersey or a Schenn jersey .. Picked the wrong one lol

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Good to see Montreal get slapped, though it sucks that Ottawa keeps winning. They look ridiculous so far...though they haven't faced any real tough opponents outside of Pittsburgh, who they lost to. We'll be able to assess the Sens properly when they face teams like NYR and Boston.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Damn. Lets trade our whole team for this guy.

@darenmillard: Craig Anderson has not allowed a goal in the second period, third period or overtime so far this season.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

@darenmillard: Craig Anderson has not allowed a goal in the second period, third period or overtime so far this season.

One of the best pick-ups by any team in recent years, especially considering he was only traded for Elliott. Imo Anderson is superior, Elliott only looks good behind a really stacked St.Louis line-up that plays a tight defensive system and even then he was bad in the playoffs.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

Just realized what Ottawa gave up, Brian Elliot, who walked a few months later from the Avalanche and landed with St. Louis. What a steal.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Just realized what Ottawa gave up, Brian Elliot, who walked a few months later from the Avalanche and landed with St. Louis. What a steal.

Sad part is they let go of both these guys (Avs I mean) for Varlamov and paid a top 10 pick for him. :laugh:

JMcLeaf

I am indifferent to him, but Avs would've been better off with either of the other two guys.

Maybe, but I can still understand why they didn't stick with either of them. Anderson was approaching free agency and having a terrible season, so they probably wanted to take a chance on Ellliott hoping a change of scenery would turn his game around. Elliott ended up being terrible for them so you can't really blame them for not re-signing him.

Penalty Kill Icing*

As I said before, you're gonna become a target :laugh:

I hope you watched the game. I also hope that if you did, you watched it, instead of listening to homer Coyotes announcer.

It was nothing about Yakupov's celebration. Nothing about Yakupov actually. It was about Whitney and Morris. Yakupov just happened to be besides both of them when it happened.

So, not sure how this 'gonna become a target' thing comes in here. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad