Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
We are playing Tampa it seems...

Ugh. I Thought we matched up better against Boston TBH.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The way tampa played today? We’d wipe the floor with them. Boston looks dangerous as hell with their pressure and checking.

Tampa's PK also sucks right now, Vasilevsky going through the same downs as Andersen as well. They definitely are the better match up but if the Leafs want to be good, they will likely have to go through both so no point in worrying who you face. They're both really good teams with not a lot of weaknesses.

I'd prefer Tampa first because their D outside of Hedman Stralman doesn't look good. McDonagh is slow as hell right now and he's stuck playing with Girardi. Their bottom 4 D is very vulnerable.

They give up just as many goals if not more than we do...goaltenders are similar. Whoever has the most firing players will win.

Reactions: MattySnipes

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I just think we match up better against Boston, and our record against them shows it.

Tampa is like a more experienced version of us. f*** that.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The way tampa played today? We’d wipe the floor with them. Boston looks dangerous as hell with their pressure and checking.

Our speed crushed Boston this year. And Tampa only needed to play 5 minutes to beat us the last time we played them...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I just think we match up better against Boston, and our record against them shows it.

Tampa is like a more experienced version of us. **** that.

They have won jack shit. Bergeron is a much, much tougher match up for Matthews than Stamkos.

If I had to choose a team to face right now, it would be Tampa without a doubt. Bruins keep winning despite injuries and are a very good defensive team.

Tampa allows more goals than us. If Babcock decides to let his best players loose, we'll be good. He's not going to play that 3rd pairing and 4th line a lot in the playoffs...Carrick barely played in the playoffs after playing in the regular season.

He's going to shorten the bench and the Leafs stars are all so rested because they barely play more than 16-17 mins.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
In other news Washington also clinched today. They have 99 points as leafs. We need to have better record for the rest of the season to secure home ice in ecf if we get there.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Where would the Oilers be without MacDavid? He scored another goal. It is literally MacDavid vs Goliath every night, because his whole team is a no show.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Checking the Bruins schedule, they start an awful stretch to close out the year, with two separate 3-in-4-night stints separated by an off day. 6 in 9 days basically, including 3 matchups against the desperate Panthers, and games against Tampa, Philly, and Ottawa. Honestly if I’m them, I start resting up towards the end even if it means potentially giving the division up to Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad