Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Can we possibly clinch tomorrow if we win and Philly loses in regulation? We would be at 99 points while Philly the most they would be able to get is 98 so they no longer can catch us if they fall into the WC.
I believe so. Only 8 teams in the conference can mathematically finish higher than us in the standings, with one of them being Philly. The moment any of the teams in the playoff race below us have a max point total of 96 or lower we clinch (in the very unlikely event of us losing out). We also clinch if we win a game and either one of Philly or New Jersey loses a single game in regulation between them. We clinch third with any combination of 5 points gained by us or lost by Florida.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
He was mia in playoffs anyway. He is too slow for todays game and mostly cost his team more goals against than for. Boston might be better off without him. But trade was bad idea indeed.

It is a loss but I do not think if true it will matter. We have this kid named Ryan Donato who is pretty good at scoring goals and he even did it to the tune of half the goals all of team USA scored in Olympics. He also attends his classes at Harvard on top of the new stage he is on. 2-0-2 with injury ravage lineup not bad 6 of 8 points on the road. See you soon Toronto see you soon.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
It is a loss but I do not think if true it will matter. We have this kid named Ryan Donato who is pretty good at scoring goals and he even did it to the tune of half the goals all of team USA scored in Olympics. He also attends his classes at Harvard on top of the new stage he is on. 2-0-2 with injury ravage lineup not bad 6 of 8 points on the road. See you soon Toronto see you soon.

Your team did well covering for injuries. No team can compensate forever though. Perhaps you are quite close to that limit, haha. The way things are going you will be facing wc team. First round is usually high pace, high scoring round. You would need to win that quick and get healthy. We shall see if you can handle tb or us in second. ( probably not lol)

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I believe so. Only 8 teams in the conference can mathematically finish higher than us in the standings, with one of them being Philly. The moment any of the teams in the playoff race below us have a max point total of 96 or lower we clinch (in the very unlikely event of us losing out). We also clinch if we win a game and either one of Philly or New Jersey loses a single game in regulation between them. We clinch third with any combination of 5 points gained by us or lost by Florida.

So if we beat Florida in regulation our magic number goes from 3-1? important game tonight!

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

Old guy keeps on ticking

Hard to see how that can backfire, but let me try... lol

Bos got eliminated in first round last year. If they eliminated in first round this year wouldn’t it be better for them to start rebuild? Retool rarely works. Chara is beaten it seems every game now , sometimes twice. Perhaps they are just delaying inevitable.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
What the heck has happened with Dustin Brown this year? He was a 50-60 point forward for about 7 years. Signed a big money contract and then scored 27-28 points for 3 years. Before jumping back up to 36 last year and this year he is back in the 50-60 point range. That is huge for LA getting a return to form from Brown.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What the heck has happened with Dustin Brown this year? He was a 50-60 point forward for about 7 years. Signed a big money contract and then scored 27-28 points for 3 years. Before jumping back up to 36 last year and this year he is back in the 50-60 point range. That is huge for LA getting a return to form from Brown.

Player regression, much like their development as a youngster, isn't always linear.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Arizona eliminating themselves like 2 weeks into the season, holding down last all year, and now tearing out of the basement is pretty funny.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Hard to see how that can backfire, but let me try... lol

Bos got eliminated in first round last year. If they eliminated in first round this year wouldn’t it be better for them to start rebuild? Retool rarely works. Chara is beaten it seems every game now , sometimes twice. Perhaps they are just delaying inevitable.
well if you are going by that token, if the leafs lose in the first round this year, they have to rebuild?.
Boston needs no re-tool or rebuild they have a legit hockey club over there, Chara is declining but is still useful in some situations.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not sure how I feel about Boston re-signing Chara. On the on hand his reach is always a problem, on the other he's so slow now a days that we should be able to abuse it whenever we play them.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So with Philly winning tonight they are now the 3rd Metro team and as of today that means a Pittsburgh/Philadelphia 1st round match-up.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
this is the most important stretch of games for the Avs and MacKinnon has been useless, including tonight

0 points in his last 3 games, and 0 goals in his last 6. He's impressively carried them most of the season, which has been an outstanding year, but it's very bittersweet if he goes cold now and the Av's don't make it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not sure how I feel about Boston re-signing Chara. On the on hand his reach is always a problem, on the other he's so slow now a days that we should be able to abuse it whenever we play them.
Kapanen just abused him a few times this year. We want him on the ice a lot against our forwards.
Still good at his age, but nowhere close to where he was. He skates like there is a piano stuck to his back.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
0 points in his last 3 games, and 0 goals in his last 6. He's impressively carried them most of the season, which has been an outstanding year, but it's very bittersweet if he goes cold now and the Av's don't make it.

I've heard the 2 Mc's are in the running for MVP, but if one goes in the tank down the stretch the other should take it by default.

... and isn't the season usually 82 games long? :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad