Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
171bf510-cbee-11e3-ab16-db4bd6bb9671_kuY0D1PKtkp7-1-.gif

From the photoshop thread.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
In other news, a couple of Colorado fans seriously think that their loss of Barrie is the equivalent of, or greater than Minnesota losing Suter :biglaugh:

Ummm, yeah, which loss is greater? The 2nd pairing offensive minded d-man who is one of their few puck movers and will be missed on the PP, or the top 10 d-man in the world who plays the most minutes in the league and in all situations? :help:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
In other news, a couple of Colorado fans seriously think that their loss of Barrie is the equivalent of, or greater than Minnesota losing Suter :biglaugh:

Ummm, yeah, which loss is greater? The 2nd pairing offensive minded d-man who is one of their few puck movers and will be missed on the PP, or the top 10 d-man in the world who plays the most minutes in the league and in all situations? :help:

Barrie has been pretty clutch to them.

He's just saying that Barrie is the key to the cog in Colorado.

He's got a crazy number of OT winners for them and he's massive on their break out because of his poise with the puck. He's one of the reasons why they're doing so well this season.

I can kind of see where he's coming from. Obviously the comparison is a bit much but how important Barrie is to that team is what he means.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Barrie has been pretty clutch to them.

He's just saying that Barrie is the key to the cog in Colorado.

He's got a crazy number of OT winners for them and he's massive on their break out because of his poise with the puck. He's one of the reasons why they're doing so well this season.

I can kind of see where he's coming from. Obviously the comparison is a bit much but how important Barrie is to that team is what he means.

Tyson Barrie has 5 GWG, 3 OT winners. What about the other 2 GWG? Well, there's the problem. Those GWG could've been scored at any time. They could've been scored to make it 4-1 in the 2nd period and still hold up because of a final score of 4-3. Plus, clutch is hard to quantify, because you also have to look at failures in clutch situations. Those who try to take over in OT, especially d-men, can end up costing their team in a clutch situation with an ill advised shot/pass/pinch, just trying to do too much. Just look at Jackman with the Blues. In game 2, he scored the OT winner. In game 4, he made a terrible pinch and Patrick Kane scored on the ensuing rush as a result.

Look at Kobe Bryant in the NBA. Everyone calls him clutch because of his late game winners, but that's because he takes a lot of shots, so he's bound to make some of them. If you were to actually look, his shooting percentage in the clutch is around the same as his shooting percentage throughout his career. Not raising his game in any way shape or form, just taking more shots. He only makes a lot of them because he takes a lot of them. He has many more clutch misses than makes, and really has pretty "poor" clutch stats.

Last edited:

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Blackhawks game by game playoff record since 2010:

Game 1: 6-5
Game 2: 7-4
Game 3: 3-8
Game 4: 8-3
Game 5: 8-1
Game 6: 6-1
Game 7: 1-1

This is what good coaching looks like on paper. Making adjustments as the series goes on, finding what works and what doesn't, finding ways to win games. Impressive record.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Tyson Barrie has 5 GWG, 3 OT winners. What about the other 2 GWG? Well, there's the problem. Those GWG could've been scored at any time. They could've been scored to make it 4-1 in the 2nd period and still hold up because of a final score of 4-3. Plus, clutch is hard to quantify, because you also have to look at failures in clutch situations. Those who try to take over in OT, especially d-men, can end up costing their team in a clutch situation with an ill advised shot/pass/pinch, just trying to do too much. Just look at Jackman with the Blues. In game 2, he scored the OT winner. In game 4, he made a terrible pinch and Patrick Kane scored on the ensuing rush as a result.

Look at Kobe Bryant in the NBA. Everyone calls him clutch because of his late game winners, but that's because he takes a lot of shots, so he's bound to make some of them. If you were to actually look, his shooting percentage in the clutch is around the same as his shooting percentage throughout his career. Not raising his game in any way shape or form, just taking more shots. He only makes a lot of them because he takes a lot of them. He has many more clutch misses than makes, and really has pretty "poor" clutch stats.

It's more that Barrie is crucial to the breakout for them. Without him they sort of struggle with it. He's a key part in moving the puck up the ice. He was the Avs best possession player in the season.

And 3 OT goals is pretty impressive. Ovie and Neal had the same number and no one else in the league had more. That's impressive for anyone let alone a defensman.

Last edited:

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
:laugh: i'm sorry. had the Hawks not won last year, I'd cheer for them - but I like the Blues. (which sucks because i hate Miller) *spit*

Cheer for Colorado!

Or Minnesota!

Or San Jose!

Or Columbus!

Eh I like the Blues too so continue to cheer for them ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Cheer for Colorado!

Or Minnesota!

Or San Jose!

Or Columbus!

Eh I like the Blues too so continue to cheer for them ;)

For this round I am Minnesota-San Jose-Lumbus (only for the fact because i want to see what on earth happens with that team should they lose. if I were a Pens fan I'd be freaking out that Lumbus could very easily be up 3-1), and I don't mind who wins Anaheim/Dallas.

i truly think the final in the west is SJ/Blues

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it's funny how everyone is sort of ignoring the Flyers/Rangers series. (that is tied btw).

Backes is in for the Blues.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Erie vs Guelph
Chicago vs St Louis
Philadelphia vs New York
Toronto vs Milwaukee

ALL at intermission at the same time. Who plans this stuff? :rant:

TheScruffington

Apr 17, 2014
it's funny how everyone is sort of ignoring the Flyers/Rangers series. (that is tied btw).

Backes is in for the Blues.

I always try to watch Flyers playoff games because they've got one of the most entertaining teams/crowds in the league, but I haven't watched a single game of theirs this playoffs.

Too many other good series that are going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad