Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tyler Motte got a video tribute for 23 games over 2 stints with the rangers

this has to be a record

did we ever do something this embarrassing for a former player?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It's a weird situation in Ottawa that smacks more than a little bit of Benning. Import vets at a premium and mentorpede your way to contender status. It's helped along by the success they found with Giroux and perhaps trying to capture that magic once again with Tanev.

But you make a good point in that Ottawa spending like drunken sailors could be what it takes to sign Dad.

As for Cole, he's too important a piece for our defense. We would want Tanev and Cole, not either or. That would be like spinning our wheels and spending assets just to do it.
You’d rather move Myers or Zadorov over Cole?

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
You’d rather move Myers or Zadorov over Cole?
I think that if you can land Tanev and magically swap him in for Myers that would be a slight upgrade, maybe. But there would be concerns about durability and we would miss Myers size and physicality. Similar argument could be made for Zadorov.

But Cole is more valuable because he's so relied upon for PK. Swapping him out for Tanev is basically swapping an LHD for a RHD that bring the same kinds of elements. When you're gearing up for the playoffs, you add d depth rather than swap parts. That's the sort of thing you do in the offseason or if you're struggling, which we are not.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Welcome to the Utah (latter day) Saints.
Your 2030 36-team NHL courtesy of AI:

The Utah Bees
IMG_2848.jpeg
The Atlanta Charms
IMG_2824.jpeg
The Houston Apollos
IMG_2834.jpeg
The Phoenix… Phoenixes
IMG_2847.jpeg

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Make the Houston Apollos happen with those buckets and all
Low key that is actually the one design and name that it came up with that I actually liked.

It designed the home uniform to look like a spacesuit, and the away uniform to look like a rocket going to the moon.

That's pretty wild I would have thought that I would have had to have taken something to see those color combinations
The prompt was to design a professional hockey brand with a name, color scheme, design, and logo that was culturally and historically significant to the locale.

I gave the AI bonus points for using colors or color combinations not already used in the NHL.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Low key that is actually the one design and name that it came up with that I actually liked.

It designed the home uniform to look like a spacesuit, and the away uniform to look like a rocket going to the moon.

The prompt was to design a professional hockey brand with a name, color scheme, design, and logo that was culturally and historically significant to the locale.

I gave the AI bonus points for using colors or color combinations not already used in the NHL.
Low key like them all except the Utah ones, even then I've seen worse in the nhl lol..

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Low key like them all except the Utah ones, even then I've seen worse in the nhl lol..
oh yeah, like really like them. i like the utah ones in kinda southern sheriff uniform kinda way
houston's like mad max post war movie filter scheme
atlanta is like care bears all mated and had that

phoenix is just warm, doubles as pajamas in the winter

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Not sure if this was posted here yet but came across this on reddit from yesterdays BOS CGY game showing just how bad Jack Edwards is struggling

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Not sure if this was posted here yet but came across this on reddit from yesterdays BOS CGY game showing just how bad Jack Edwards is struggling

I hope those two are really close legit friends because as a color guy that would be so taxing to sit through that if they aren't

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I hope those two are really close legit friends because as a color guy that would be so taxing to sit through that if they aren't
I just noticed its been posted in the GDT, sorry yall. But yea hes declining fast lately. Obviously has had stroke(s) and was likely wanting to keep the job for this the centennial year but it doesnt seem fair to him, his family, or any fans. But thats just my view on it

Reactions: B-rock and Play

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I just noticed its been posted in the GDT, sorry yall. But yea hes declining fast lately. Obviously has had stroke(s) and was likely wanting to keep the job for this the centennial year but it doesnt seem fair to him, his family, or any fans. But thats just my view on it
Might not even be strokes.. even some rare types of migraines can mimic stroke symptoms

Or even just funtional cognitive disorder i think

Whatever it is its sad.. strokes are in my family its super shitty

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Blackhawks have only allowed more than 3 goals once in their past 12 games. Pretty impressive with that AHL group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad