Around the League - Pre-season 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Getting tossed from a lost game with a minute left isn't really a deterrent. I'm not sure if he should be suspended but doesn't this sort of behaviour usually get at least a fine?

Do you have other examples?

I'll agree the Brown headbutt should have gotten something. Aside from taking your skate off and trying to cut someone's throat, that looked like about the best way to murder someone in a hockey game.

But the Lucic penalty was pretty cut and dry and clean for what it was.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The league is so backwards it's absolutely unbelievable.

Somehow making contact with the opposing player's head with your shoulder when attempting to throw a clean check is consistently a long suspension ... but jumping and striking the opposing player in the head with your helmet is just fine?

It's like giving a suspension for a neutral zone trip but not for a baseball swing to the head.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

I'm going to hell for how much this made me laugh. This is now every Oilers fan ever to me.

I thought it was common knowledge that the draft lottery was their Stanley Cup. :sarcasm:

resize

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Some interesting games today.

Winnipeg vs Boston
Ehlers first game

Buffalo vs Ottawa
Eichel's first game

Edmonton vs Stl Louis
Fabbri and McDavid's first game

Pittsburgh vs Dallas
Sprongs first game (Cheering for him with my dutch pride)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kings and Dustin Brown gets a pass from the league, nothing new

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
How can slamming your helmet into someone's face not be suspension worthy? I'd rather get a shoulder to the head than a ****ing helmet

Every time the Kings do something bad, which is often, my distaste for their fanbase grows more and more. Their players never deserve suspensions ever, everyone else is soft, Burrows deserves to have his career ended, Couture is a ***** who won't do anything about it to Lucic and will turtle. Honestly they're CalgaryPuck tier

Last edited:

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Burmistrov bringing the dirt. Will be interesting to see if that's a suspension (should be) after Brown got off.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I have a friend in Missouri who's going to be sitting in on Connor McDavid's debut.

[1:46:27 PM]: oilers any good?
[1:46:38 PM]: I know literally nothing about hockey kek

He's a baseball fan.

74e15ec3fac508dd344ad6b2a1943989.png

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Lazar is nothing special looks like a bottom six guy with below average offensive abilities. Still remember ppl on the main boards saying they would take him over Horvat

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Edmonton has had very, very little zone time so far. The Blues are all over them. Ouch. Edmonton's PBP guy calls Jaskin "Raskin"

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
We would have all killed to have Lucic against the Flames last spring and you know it.

Lucic only works when he is allowed to be a ******. Penalty magnet in Vancouver colours.

Blown away that wasn't an in person hearing for Brown, how is that possible it got nothing? If two or three more players do it then they will crack down hard and start handing out 10 gamers.

Upoil

Zaboomafoo
Aug 8, 2010
Bermuda
Edmonton has had very, very little zone time so far. The Blues are all over them. Ouch. Edmonton's PBP guy calls Jaskin "Raskin"

Blues are playing with way more hustle/urgency.

Is Yak just not good or has he been mishandled? (I never hear anything about him)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Is Yak just not good or has he been mishandled? (I never hear anything about him)

Yak has had Edmonton's only chance so far. I never hear anything about him or RNH. :dunno: I think he's being mishandled for sure.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

Gilbert Brule was handled better. The Oilers are such a stupid organization. Their handling of Yak has been disgusting. Drafted this amazing Russian sniper and then treated him like **** because he''s a Russian sniper. Stupid.

NetMapel

May 27, 2014
Everybody McDavid's name is mentioned, take a shot. Overtime the camera focuses on McDavid's face, take a shot.

:sarcasm:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Gilbert Brule was handled better. The Oilers are such a stupid organization. Their handling of Yak has been disgusting. Drafted this amazing Russian sniper and then treated him like **** because he''s a Russian sniper. Stupid.

Yakupov was pretty good that rookie season in the lockout shortened 13'. They are a joke, poor RNH McDavid etc. look like they know they're doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad