Around the League - Pre-season 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Lucic proving his character yet again! Good I hope to hell Benning does not sign this guy. It would be like signing Marchment in my eyes. The match penalty was fair. He was looking to do one thing on the shift and that was hurt Couture in an out of reach game...the very definition of a match penalty IMO.

Brown and Lucic are both *******.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lucic proving his character yet again! Good I hope to hell Benning does not sign this guy. It would be like signing Marchment in my eyes. The match penalty was fair. He was looking to do one thing on the shift and that was hurt Couture in an out of reach game...the very definition of a match penalty IMO.

Brown and Lucic are both *******.

NHL loves the Kings so I doubt they would do anything. Now if Lucic plays for us and does this, 10 game right there.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
NHL loves the Kings so I doubt they would do anything. Now if Lucic plays for us and does this, 10 game right there.

Oh I'm sure. Lucic never gets suspended because he has few priors. He has no prior because he never gets suspended. He can spear and head hunt to his hearts content because nothing ever happens. Same with Brown.

While I appreciate what Lucic can (not often enough) bring to a team. I hate the guy. Not sure I can accept him as a Canuck. Though I accepted tikkanen so anything is possible.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh I'm sure. Lucic never gets suspended because he has few priors. He has no prior because he never gets suspended. He can spear and head hunt to his hearts content because nothing ever happens. Same with Brown.

While I appreciate what Lucic can (not often enough) bring to a team. I hate the guy. Not sure I can accept him as a Canuck. Though I accepted tikkanen so anything is possible.

Yeah I absolutely hate Lucic, I don't ever say this but I don't want him to disgrace our jersey.

He is like a manchild who throws really cheap shots when he gets mad. If he ever puts the Canucks jersey on, I am sure the league is going to suspend the **** out of him whenever he does something stupid.

Really hope he has a super career year and the Kings sign him to a long term deal.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Donkey brain strikes again; literally this time.

Still sickens me that he's the captain of his respective club.

Has no integrity or respect for other players on the ice.

Hope he and his massive contract end up in the AHL.

Should get 2-3 games at a minimum considering he's a repeat offender.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
That's Lucic being Lucic. Seems to think he's better and more special than everyone else. Don't anybody dare to try to hit him and make him look silly, or else he'll come after you like it's 1960 and do it himself.

But the Brown headbutt (you can't even call that a hit) should be suspendable. Honestly, what the hell was that? I've never seen something like that. What an idiotic thing to do.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Could've broken some jaws or face right there.
Could do that even if Brown didn't have his helmet on.

Can't believe the league said ok, no problem to that hit.
It's L.A. they seem to have impunity from the league on and off the ice. Got to grow the sport in California.

arsmaster*

To me that head butt from Brown is more dangerous than Torres' hit.

Yup, they don't even let O-lineman in football do that anymore.

You can't lead with the crown of your helmet in football, but it's ok, from an NHL captain.

If that's Burrows he's sitting for 20.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Why should Lucic get any supplemental discipline lol, may as well start suspending players for fighting. He came back and hit Couture away from the puck... so roughing and interference? Not even sure why he got a game misconduct.

Brown hit on the other hand, primary point of contact was the head, that should be more than enough for a suspension.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Why should Lucic get any supplemental discipline lol, may as well start suspending players for fighting. He came back and hit Couture away from the puck... so roughing and interference? Not even sure why he got a game misconduct.

Brown hit on the other hand, primary point of contact was the head, that should be more than enough for a suspension.

Because it was no longer a part of the game. He chased after Couture to his bench just get revenge, obviously with the intent to injure.

I know the lines get a little blurry when comparing that to say when someone gets hit hard and teammates come in to dog-pile the hitter, but I suppose one is more of a defensive reaction (my hypothetical scenario) and the other is more offensive (Lucic wanting to injure Couture).

I don't need short-sighted, hot-tempered buffoons running around on the ice trying to injure players that are actually skilled and playing the game the right way to enjoy the game. In fact, I could do without it.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Because it was no longer a part of the game. He chased after Couture to his bench just get revenge, obviously with the intent to injure.

I know the lines get a little blurry when comparing that to say when someone gets hit hard and teammates come in to dog-pile the hitter, but I suppose one is more of a defensive reaction (my hypothetical scenario) and the other is more offensive (Lucic wanting to injure Couture).

I don't need short-sighted, hot-tempered buffoons running around on the ice trying to injure players that are actually skilled and playing the game the right way to enjoy the game. In fact, I could do without it.

Given that idea of intent to injure, all fighting should be considered a suspendible action (which I don't necessarily disagree with, but it's currently within the rules). Simply wanting to hurt someone shouldn't be grounds for suspension, carrying through with the desire in a dangerous way should be. I don't think what lucic did was particularly dangerous.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver

Yeah, that play was over and Couture was 85 feet away from Lucic at that point. Play was dead years ago. Yet, Lucic still came after him. It's a premeditated attack and the league needs to cut down on crap like this.

Honestly, I like Lucic as a player and the SJ-LA game should be enough reason for fans to realize this is one heavy, physical division. Look at Couture's face after 1 game. We absolutely need some size in our lineup. But if Lucic ever comes to Vancouver, I hope he takes the in-between whistle stuff out of his game and focus on being a hard player during the game.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Given that idea of intent to injure, all fighting should be considered a suspendible action (which I don't necessarily disagree with, but it's currently within the rules). Simply wanting to hurt someone shouldn't be grounds for suspension, carrying through with the desire in a dangerous way should be. I don't think what lucic did was particularly dangerous.

Fighting is different to what Lucic was doing.

Fighting is verbally agreed among two parties to drop the gloves. Both are entering into a vulnerable position.

Where it is not okay is when one party just wants to deliver a legal hit and NOT respond to a fight. What Couture did was just that. He wanted to hit him, but not engage in a fight.

Lucic still wanted a piece of him when he declined. That's not okay.

arsmaster*

He commited at least 4 infractions on the play....charging, interference, roughing and unsportsmanlike.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

I'm going to hell for how much this made me laugh. This is now every Oilers fan ever to me.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Fighting is different to what Lucic was doing.

Fighting is verbally agreed among two parties to drop the gloves. Both are entering into a vulnerable position.

Where it is not okay is when one party just wants to deliver a legal hit and NOT respond to a fight. What Couture did was just that. He wanted to hit him, but not engage in a fight.

Lucic still wanted a piece of him when he declined. That's not okay.

He was tossed from the game, what more do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad