Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I really hope Detroit gets that last spot.
They were such a force when I was a kid and started watching the NHL closely.
The NHL is better when Detroit is doing well and in the playoffs.
It used to be better when Philly and Buffalo were good too. It ain’t a popular opinion around here, but I would much rather those three teams or Chicago over Win, Ed, Van.

Reactions: 1specter and weems

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Man, Buffalo could use Babcock without the baggage. I actually credit him a lot for turning this team around. Matthews helped, yes, but it’s not a guarantee. Buffalo had Eichel, so what? They still couldn’t make the playoffs. Too bad he is a psycho, or a sociopath, because he is EXACTLY what they need.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I could see Buffalo calling for Boucher in the off-season. I could also see Berube having decent success there with the kind of squad they have.

The other possibility is that Keefe could find himself on the shelf if the Leafs flame out early, which would be very weird if it happened.

Last edited:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This race is everything we hoped it would be. Great games to watch down the stretch. Wings or Caps making it in over the Pennsylvania teams is icing on the cake to a great season. Been a fun one.
As his career is winding down, Crosby in the playoffs would only be a good thing. We should see one of the all-time greats get a chance to shine in the "second season" once more. That being said, I definitely hope Pittsburgh misses. Will also make for an interesting conversation this summer, wondering if Crosby will stick around as the team starts its quick descent, or he asks for a trade to end out his career.

I'm rooting for the Red Wings to make it. Young, fun and exciting team. Would love to see the winged wheel and its fans back in the playoffs.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
What's funny is the hoopla for McDavid's 100 assist season.
Unless shutout the next 1 game Kucherov will join him.

I agree it is special, and perhaps Kucherov doesn't get it, but if he does he's one of the greatest all time players?

Maybe Kucherov is underrated?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What’s crazy to me about the Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes is they’ve been in the league longer than the original and encore Winnipeg Jets were active in the NHL. 1996-2024 vs 1979-1996 and 2011-Present.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I agree it is special, and perhaps Kucherov doesn't get it, but if he does he's one of the greatest all time players?

Considering only 99, 66 and 4 had done it, I'd say the hoopla is warranted. Kutcherov is 100% underrated.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Considering only 99, 66 and 4 had done it, I'd say the hoopla is warranted. Kutcherov is 100% underrated.
It's ridiculous people use the empty net points against him.

Take a look at the list for all time empty net points.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Ovechkin

All near the top

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's ridiculous people use the empty net points against him.

Take a look at the list for all time empty net points.

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Ovechkin

All near the top
It definitely factors in. We should also consider goals and assists scored in regular season OT which were not available for some of the greats. Imagine going into OT against Gretzky, Kurri and Coffey or Mario, Jagr and Murphy.

Reactions: egd27 and Jojalu

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Love how the McDavid 100 assists thread on the mains already has a MOD warning regarding trolling etc, yet the Mathews one is three times as long as has nothing.... Mains making it obvious where trolling is allowed or not. Lol

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-04-16-18-01-26~2.png

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Kucherov is a world class piece of shit :)

Definitely hoping the Pens get the last spot in the East.

Reactions: Lauro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad