Around the league: Playoffs III | No Canadian Teams Left in Playoffs...and nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Crazy seeing the lowest cap spend team in the league heading to the conference finals in dominant fashion.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Ron Francis is feeling some type of way seeing his work pay off.

Man I love the amount of draft picks they have had.

Nino Niederreiter and some of the finishing touches with standing, Ronnie Francis help build a decent team. He may not want to be a GM anymore but he would have greater input that anybody within the organization.

Reactions: sabremike

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Watching a lot of the Canes playoff run I have a few thoughts. They forecheck really hard. That’s a common thing in these playoffs, the harder and heavier a team forecheck, the more likely they win. Winning teams force turnovers on the forecheck and wear teams down.

Another thought is Carolina’s D are excellent. They’re great at moving the puck up fast and great at diffusing the forecheck with hard, crisp stretch passes. Slavin is slayin he’s an amazing D man, one of the best sticks in the game. So good at poking the puck free and then moving it up ice.

Not analytics but this is what I think is helping Carolina. They’re getting good goal tending but I actually think that’s a product of their defense.

Shows how far the Canucks are from being a threat in the playoffs. We don’t forecheck like these teams and our D absolutely sucks compared to any team left.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Watching a lot of the Canes playoff run I have a few thoughts. They forecheck really hard. That’s a common thing in these playoffs, the harder and heavier a team forecheck, the more likely they win. Winning teams force turnovers on the forecheck and wear teams down.

Another thought is Carolina’s D are excellent. They’re great at moving the puck up fast and great at diffusing the forecheck with hard, crisp stretch passes. Slavin is slayin he’s an amazing D man, one of the best sticks in the game. So good at poking the puck free and then moving it up ice.

Not analytics but this is what I think is helping Carolina. They’re getting good goal tending but I actually think that’s a product of their defense.

Shows how far the Canucks are from being a threat in the playoffs. We don’t forecheck like these teams and our D absolutely sucks compared to any team left.

The aforementioned "great at moving the puck" line would count as zone exits, which is an advanced stat.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Glad that series is over. Some of the most boring hockey of these playoffs. Come to think of it Washington/Carolina was also pretty boring for the most part. Hmmm I see a pattern.

Really really hoping either Boston or Columbus make it out of the east.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I don't know if Carolina is "built through Analytics" necessarily (whatever that's supposed to mean) but when you consider they were one of the best 5-on-5 teams for most of the season and have one of the better skater groups in the league it shouldn't be too surprising they were able to make it this far, they are definitely well built and well coached, I like seeing teams like that have success. Lots of underrated players on that team who are finally getting noticed more by playing on a bigger stage which is cool to see.

Reactions: timw33

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
The really lethal combination is having the best Corsi in the playoffs and also the best PDO; Carolina is sitting at a nice, overly ripe 1.031, waaaay ahead of any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad