Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wonder if we can sign Dzingel
He just had a career year of 56 pts in 78 games with two teams
41 pts in 17-18 so it’s not a total fluke
27 years old already so he’s probably looking for term.
It’s probably cost us 7 years at 5.5~6 AVV
But consider our lack of depth on the left side, I will do it if we can get rid of Eriksson first.

I was hoping Eberle was someone we could target on a not too unreasonable contract to ride shotgun with either Pettersson or Horvat, as he had had a somewhat pedestrian regular season. But this playoff performance is going to shoot his value way up.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Leafs pretty much destroying the Bruins. You just knew they would take the series if they got the PP going. I dont see any remaining aside from Washington taking them out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Leafs pretty much destroying the Bruins. You just knew they would take the series if they got the PP going. I dont see any remaining aside from Washington taking them out.
If CBJ play the same was as they are against TB I could see them having a chance of overrunning the Leafs.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
uhhh, what?

Bostons top line has been neutralized. Getting nothing accomplished. Leafs bottom 6 looks miles better. Bruins are getting exposed for the slow old team they are. It's fun watching Backes and Chara get beaten on Leaf rushes.

Nice to see skill and speed winning over the bs Bruins hockey.

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
Vitali Kravtsov, 9th overall pick of the New York Rangers last year, was born in Vladivostok, Russia. Does this make him the highest drafted Asian born playe?

I think so, since Nik Antropov (Kazakhstan) was drafted 10th overall in 1998, just from quick searching.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Bostons top line has been neutralized. Getting nothing accomplished. Leafs bottom 6 looks miles better. Bruins are getting exposed for the slow old team they are. It's fun watching Backes and Chara get beaten on Leaf rushes.

Nice to see skill and speed winning over the bs Bruins hockey.
The game was as even as you can get
No idea what you are talking about

Calling the Bruins slow and old is like saying the Canucks is a high possession team

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
God ****ing help us if the Leafs go on a run.

They won’t be able to afford Marner. He’s easily their best player. Those blocks were insane.

I think they'll figure out a way to keep him. just a hunch.

we're all losers when it comes to this boston/toronto series. With Tampa out of the way the winner could go to the final. you hate to see it

Reactions: Canadian Club

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I think they'll figure out a way to keep him. just a hunch.

we're all losers when it comes to this boston/toronto series. With Tampa out of the way the winner could go to the final. you hate to see it

They will probably somehow get rid of Marleau, Kadri and Zaitsev and infuse their depth with a young cast of players on their ELC. This is how a competent franchise operates.

Sign players for 3mil+ contracts to fill the bottom 6? LOL.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
1530EF51-416A-4E52-8A13-0373BB40AA0C.jpeg
yikes

Reactions: vanuck and timw33

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The game was as even as you can get
No idea what you are talking about

Calling the Bruins slow and old is like saying the Canucks is a high possession team
The bruins are not even that much of a "bruins hockey" club any more. Marchand is still an AH. Chara is still Chara but he's more mellow. Thornton is gone, Lucic is gone, McQuaid is gone. Fighting wise they have dropped from 71 in 2010-11 to 26 in 18-19. That still is the most but fighting is down.

Reactions: Hit the post

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The bruins are not even that much of a "bruins hockey" club any more. Marchand is still an AH. Chara is still Chara but he's more mellow. Thornton is gone, Lucic is gone, McQuaid is gone. Fighting wise they have dropped from 71 in 2010-11 to 26 in 18-19. That still is the most but fighting is down.
Also speed wise, they are as fast as any team in the league
Many of their players are young and fast

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Mike Smith is doing his Mike Smith thing again. Nice to see his first good game but Peters need to have a short leash on him. But I also think Peters shat the bed with his goalies in carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad