Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Islanders gonna demolish that sssssssnake Tavares and the Leafs
Leafs CBJ
NYI vs Wash/Car

New matchups, and can you imagine the storylines if the Eastern conf finals is NYI TOR???!!!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Leafs CBJ
NYI vs Wash/Car

New matchups, and can you imagine the storylines if the Eastern conf finals is NYI TOR???!!!

May 22nd, 2019. The Toronto Maple Leafs are off to the Stanley Cup Finals after Tavares notches his 3rd hat-trick of the series in game 4

Same page "Benning gets 3 year extention"

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
post yfw your job requires you to liase with esteemed hockey minds like Bob "f*** Tobias Rieder" Nicholson

giphy.gif

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
May 22nd, 2019. The Toronto Maple Leafs are off to the Stanley Cup Finals after Tavares notches his 3rd hat-trick of the series in game 4

Same page "Benning gets 3 year extention"
Tavares gonna be crying in his maple leaf PJs if he has to go to Long Island and face the fans again. Dude looked rattled!

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I'm fine with Toronto taking out Boston. I hope to see Toronto sweeped in the next rd tho.

In the west, Avs have a very good chance of winning the series, though I don't mind if the series was extended for a bit.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
calgary playing such basic hockey right now other than goudreau. they should be renamed johnny hockey and the flames.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Shouldn't have come in so slow.

For the amount of moves he did, it's hard to do them at speed. That's why the Kane 1000000 stickhandles move is done coming in slow as well.

Also kind of depends. Sometimes coming in slow can throw off the goalie's backwards flow. In this case it didn't work.

Like the last breakaway, he hardly makes any moves because he was in with speed.

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
I thought Gaudreau made a good move there, Grubauer just made a better save.

I think he came in too slow for what he tried to do, need to try and do something to force the goalie to change their footwork a bit. Coming in like that with the puck positioned where it was (going off memory so lay be wrong that he had it directly in front of him) he didnt do anything to force the goalie into any kind of decision

Stormblessed

Jul 4, 2009
Victoria
For the amount of moves he did, it's hard to do them at speed. That's why the Kane 1000000 stickhandles move is done coming in slow as well.

Also kind of depends. Sometimes coming in slow can throw off the goalie's backwards flow. In this case it didn't work.

Like the last breakaway, he hardly makes any moves because he was in with speed.

Kane usually rushes in to start and then slows at the hashmarks though does he not?1

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Gaudreau needs to simplify a bit, he was overthinking IMO, he shouldn't be doing dekes at this point of the game. He should go with speed and use his deceptive wrist shot for a higher chance to score. It's clear he has absolutely zero confidence right now as a player and is not usual self like he was in the regular season.

He was underwhelming last playoffs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad