Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I thought this Tkachuck kid was supposed to be the second coming of superman the way you guys talk about him. He looked like a lost little boy tonight. Sure, our guy hasn't yet played in the bigs, but I'm not impressed with the other after this playoff performance either.

Yes, let's take one game and read everything into it because that's always a great idea!

Reactions: tyhee

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It’s insane how good MacKinnon has been in that series. He’s making things happen on every single shift.

Gaudreau and Monahan’s faces need to be put on the sides of milk cartons at this point. Just complete no shows thus far. Their season will be over with a whimper if that doesn’t change.

Playoffs are a funny beast. Who would have predicted Mike Smith would have been the Flames’ best player by a country mile in this series?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Why do we hate the flames again?

I suppose it might depend on how old you are...they’ve had a lot of playoff battles dating back to the 80s. And in the late 80s and early 90s, blood usually had to be scraped off the ice after the two teams played.

It’s not what it once was, but the fan bases sure got chances to hate each other again in 2004 and 2015, too.

For me, they still rank significantly below the likes of Chicago, LA and Boston in terms of teams I hate, personally.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I suppose it might depend on how old you are...they’ve had a lot of playoff battles dating back to the 80s. And in the late 80s and early 90s, blood usually had to be scraped off the ice after the two teams played.

It’s not what it once was, but the fan bases sure got chances to hate each other again in 2004 and 2015, too.

For me, they still rank significantly below the likes of Chicago, LA and Boston in terms of teams I hate, personally.
It’s different from say the Leafs. One is based on rivalries which is healthy in a sense as that’s what you want in sports. You might hate a team but respect them. Leafs? Ah, I don’t want to get an infraction by stating how I feel.:laugh:

Reactions: VanillaCoke

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I dont remember the 80s rivalry and definitely boston and Chicago are much higher on the hater list.
I mean I dont want to see Calgary hoist the cup but I also havent thought that was a realistic worry in recent memory either ..
So im just kinda ambivalent about Alberta teams in general.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I dont remember the 80s rivalry and definitely boston and Chicago are much higher on the hater list.
I mean I dont want to see Calgary hoist the cup but I also havent thought that was a realistic worry in recent memory either ..
So im just kinda ambivalent about Alberta teams in general.

When I was a teenager I hated Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto a great deal. I don’t know if I’m getting soft in old age or if we just haven’t really had reason as a fan base to hate those teams lately, but it is what it is now.

But yeah, the Canuck/Flame rivalry had its peak between 89 and 94. Two seven game first round series’ where the winner went on to the SCF, a lot of incredible talent between the two teams, and a lot of big, physical players who could play a nasty game, too.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
When I was a teenager I hated Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto a great deal. I don’t know if I’m getting soft in old age or if we just haven’t really had reason as a fan base to hate those teams lately, but it is what it is now.

This sums up my feelings entirely. I picked a bunch of Flames in my pool so I'm even cheering for them a bit, it's weird.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
For me the worst thing the Flames have done was firing Weisbrod. Now we have to deal with that buffoon.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Most Canuck fans still hate the Flames with a passion.. myself included, probably because I haven't spent all of my hate on management :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad