Around the league: Playoffs II | Did I mention Calgary sucks? And also Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Let's be honest, here, Smith is literally a one man team atm. Nobody else on Calgary has come to play. Should've been a sweep if not for game 1.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Gaudreau looks afraid of contact, understandably so not being a huge guy, but its altering and stifling his game completely

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Gaudreau looks afraid of contact, understandably so not being a huge guy, but its altering and stifling his game completely

Especially here in the playoffs. The avs just neutral zone trapped him all night. Can't walk around 3 defenders by yourself (unless you're Nathan MacKinnon)

E40

Nov 18, 2018
Flames forwards aren't even on their level this series. Smith gave them more life then they deserved thus far. Lol at the flames forwards withering away like that. I thought the Tkachuks and Bennetts would have took it to them in the playoffs. Also expected more from Johnny hickey

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Ok but all memes aside the Flames actually don't look built for the playoffs. Their first line has just evaporated completely. Their D is soft and slow as well. The speed and strength of the Avs has worn them down to nothing.

Reactions: Devonator

just22

Aug 2, 2009
upload_2019-4-17_22-30-36.png

i know its petty but it feels so good

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Avs-Flames...one of better series in this first round..Gotta respect Smith, it wouldn't even be close without him.

MacKinnon>Johnny Hockey/Monahan

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Ok but all memes aside the Flames actually don't look built for the playoffs. Their first line has just evaporated completely. Their D is soft and slow as well. The speed and strength of the Avs has worn them down to nothing.
Agreed,it seems like the Flames cant match the Av's transition game...The Av's have a fast mobile D that quickly jumps into the rush (couple that up with some very speedy forwards)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Flames forwards aren't even on their level this series. Smith gave them more life then they deserved thus far. Lol at the flames forwards withering away like that. I thought the Tkachuks and Bennetts would have took it to them in the playoffs. Also expected more from Johnny hickey
That's Johnny "Regular Season" Hockey to you.

Reactions: Jay Cee and E40

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I thought this Tkachuck kid was supposed to be the second coming of superman the way you guys talk about him. He looked like a lost little boy tonight. Sure, our guy hasn't yet played in the bigs, but I'm not impressed with the other after this playoff performance either.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That's Johnny "Regular Season" Hockey to you.

You can add Monahan and Tkachuk into that mix. Matthew looking like his dad come playoff time, have one good game and disappear the next..

We didn’t call him Keith Tka-choke when he played for the Jets for nothing..

Reactions: Hemty

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You can add Monahan and Tkachuk into that mix. Matthew looking like his dad come playoff time, have one good game and disappear the next..

We didn’t call him Keith Tka-choke when he played for the Jets for nothing..
I'm not down on Tkachuk at all...even when the Flames were getting embarassed,the kid had some balls and demonstrated he wasn't going down easy..He would be a welcome addition on any team.

Monahan...thats a different story..In the playoffs, you raise your game..He's being badly shown up by MacKinnon/Vatanen.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Crazy to think what a Byram or Cozens does to a Makar/MacKinnon/Vatanen led squad..?...Scary indeed....A lot of accumulated top picks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad