Around the League playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
For the Habs, that's a good deal. He's only 27 and will provide them with grit as well. I watch almost all the Canes games and saw how what a good and reliable defender he was. and was a key part of PK work, logging lots of minutes. Used correctliy, partnered with Petry on the 2nd pairing, he'll be a good fit.
THey gambled on Chariot, who has been far better in Montreal than he was in Winnipeg.
Habs and Jets may be good trade partners as the Jets have the forwards and may want Chairot back.

The Habs have a bunch of lefty defenders who can take over for Chairot. Romanov is coming over next season.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Sabres got their 2nd line center, trading for Eric Staal from the Wild in exchange for forward Marcus Johansson, who they weren't going to extend.

He should he a good mentor for Cozens, and has history with Skinner for a few years.
I know its early but Middlestadt's underlying numbers are not good. He is struggling and may not pan out (but its still early). As a Kings fan, I'm glad they passed on Vilardi.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What the f*** is up with that Staal for Johansson trade?? Am I missing something

I figure there's a corresponding move for Minnesota. Although out of necessity, Buffalo did use Johansson as a center last year but I'll admit that I didn't go out of my way to watch too many of their games to see how that experiment went.

Surprised that Staal didn't have Buffalo on his 10 team no trade list. At least according to Pierre LeBrun's article this morning, it sounded like Staal/his agent miscalculated and didn't even consider that Buffalo would be interested.

As for Minnesota, I thought a Zuccarello for Turris swap could work for both sides assuming Zuccarello didn't use his NTC. Bill Guerin wasn't the GM who signed Zuccarello, so he might have no qualms about moving him. Minnesota is overloaded with wingers and needs help at center and Nashville is the other way around. Both guys have 4 years left at 6 mil AAV (Zuccarello has an extra million in real cash over the four years).

Edit: Elliotte Friedman pointed out that Minnesota head coach Dean Evason was an assistant coach in Washington for Johansson's first two seasons and thinks he can play center. Friedman also said that Guerin wanted to shake things up in the locker room as he thought this group might be a little too comfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
You'd think he would take a lesser number for a chance to win, but in his defense, it's not like he's slowing down, having scored 148 goals overs the last 3 seasons.
They don't really slow down though. They tend to just hit a wall one year. His body is on the clock now. Three years would be perfect, but Ovechkin's gonna get as much as he can. Don't blame him.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
that was such a hard blueball tbh

both teams spent the OT trying to out-throw each other

unacceptable play by barzal on the PP though

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
Stammer skates onto the ice and takes the mic from pierre "I have an important messafe for everyone" Bite it You Scum starts to play over the PA system as he drops his pants and poops on the ice

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hedman touches it. What a dummy!

Then they all take a picture with it. Dumb x 10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad